The Student Room Group

Unsure how to revise

I'm unsure how to revise for English literature and I'm scared because I knew how to revise for GCSE English literature and now it's a closed book exam.

I'm doing Maud the monodrama, 1984, a streetcar named desire and twelfth night i'm sitting with OCR. I understand all the texts I just struggle to formulate an answer that is perfect prose and coherent.
Reply 1
Original post by abbieayinde
I'm unsure how to revise for English literature and I'm scared because I knew how to revise for GCSE English literature and now it's a closed book exam.

I'm doing Maud the monodrama, 1984, a streetcar named desire and twelfth night i'm sitting with OCR. I understand all the texts I just struggle to formulate an answer that is perfect prose and coherent.

is this for the AS or A level?
I'm the same, help Please

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was studying a levels I did A LOT of practise exams - basically everyone available and got my teachers/pals to look over them and I found that really helped me to nail down my writing technique. Also came up with a couple of potential questions and answered those. The first few times I didn't bother with time limit and allowed myself to go through all my notes and review the mark scheme and that helped to come up what to put into an answer. Learn facts about the context of each text, make posters on the key themes present in the text, take notes on stylistic features, quotes which have interesting use of language.
Also think about the links between the texts - things they have in common and similarities/differences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by lydiaws
is this for the AS or A level?

didn't realise there was a reply! AS :smile: 2 months until the exam and I'm so nervous was so prepared for GCSE not prepared for this at all :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending