The Student Room Group

How much do you earn?

Scroll to see replies

£13/h, and I work 50% part time. Around £990 a month - give and take -, not including tips.
At 16, I was paid £25/hour (Badminton Coaching) and at it's peak, I worked 3-4 hours weekdays and 2-3 hours weekends (with paid overtime(?) from my club; extra £5 per hour + food if i helped out on weekends!)

But otherwise, now, I'm making a whopping great post tax earning of absolute diddly squat :smile:
it's irrelevant what you earn, it's about what you do and what you keep.

I know people on 60-80k aged 30-40 in London, can't afford to buy property and have no tangible assets. I know entrepreneurial kids with basic degrees who have built businesses worth 1m + aged 28.

Sharing lifes secrets

Bill.
Reply 63
28K, but not for long. :frown:
Reply 64
Original post by Stolyarov Daniel
19 , 500-600k , own business

Shall we believe that?
Original post by Death Grips
6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments

Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.
Original post by stroppyninja
Congrats on your pay rise! You said you earn £60k in a thread you started 2 weeks ago. Strong hyperbole game.

That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
6k doing what?

I'm 25 and make £100k p.a. salary at the moment (it comes at a very high price though), plus 7-8k pre-tax p.a. currently on investments

How can i get into investing?
Original post by stroppyninja

Original post by Princepieman
That was probs after tax. Pretty sure he works in i-banking.Posted from TSR Mobile

60k was base, 40k was bonus.
2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory
Original post by _icecream
2p an hour I work in an Iphone factory

Bet you're Syrian.....
Original post by ABsoluteX
Bet you're Syrian.....

No I'm not
Original post by _icecream
No I'm not

Polish? Chinese? Indian?
60k was base, 40k was bonus.

Fair. I'm guessing 3rd year Analyst? Street for associates is £70-85k base I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
6k doing what?

Doing what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.

Nice troll bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daniel9998
18 and earning roughly 90k a year, dont have to pay any tax whatsoever and im my own boss. Also I only really work a couple of a hours every evening/night and most of the time im on my moped, bouncing around a few houses/areas. Its really easy as well, didnt need any qualifications. But my job security is awful, might earn 100k on a good year and then 0 for the next 6 years before im released back out again.

what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marshmallow9999
what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He fantasises on the TSR
Reply 78
Original post by Marshmallow9999
what do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you can work it out...
Reply 79
24 - Around 70k in total this year. Full time programmer with rental income and making a few week / day-trades. Hoping to grow this a lot more this year as I will soon switch from a Bristol salary to a London one and getting more experienced with trading.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending