The Student Room Group

Medicine entry requirements

Hello,

I sat my A-levels last year but didn't get good grades. Now I've started a full time job but I've decided to try again to get into uni. I would like to do medicine but I know medical school don't like resits. Because I'm doing all my A-levels again (AS and A2) and they're different exam boards, would I need to tell the university/ would it still matter?

Thank you
Original post by EmilyCath
Hello,

I sat my A-levels last year but didn't get good grades. Now I've started a full time job but I've decided to try again to get into uni. I would like to do medicine but I know medical school don't like resits. Because I'm doing all my A-levels again (AS and A2) and they're different exam boards, would I need to tell the university/ would it still matter?

Thank you

Yes, you need to declare all exams on your application and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You won't get far in medicine with a fraudulent start. Don't even consider it.
Hello,

Thank you

What grades did you get first time?
Reply 3
Original post by jenigma
What grades did you get first time?

CCD :/
CCD :/

Okay, what subjects?

I'm not sure whether they'll accept resits with those grades the first time round, I think it's best to call them up right now and check. Explain your situation to them
Reply 5
Original post by jenigma
Okay, what subjects?

I'm not sure whether they'll accept resits with those grades the first time round, I think it's best to call them up right now and check. Explain your situation to them

C in biology and maths and a D in chemistry, yeh that was my plan but didn't know if I should bother or not! Thanks for your help
C in biology and maths and a D in chemistry, yeh that was my plan but didn't know if I should bother or not! Thanks for your help

They're really helpful. Medicine love people from all walks of life, and the more complicated the better haha

Quick Reply