The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrSulAhmad
Hey sorry I was meant to get back to this! I think it's very likely because doing the math I think wolfson would make life easier financially! Plus it's uni in expecting to slim it :wink: unless I win the lottery.. Then I would consider Great Dover or Moonraker! Wbu?

We get 5 choices don't we so I'll moonraker last cos it's super expensive, and the other 4 are gonna be the 4 nearest to Guys. Undecided whether to put Wolfson or GDSA first but either way those two will be my top two choices. I have a feeling Wolfson will be more sociable so it's leaning me towards GDSA. Plus own bathroom!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by thechemistress
No, obviously they are disorganised but I meant specifically in this case, him not having heard back straight away doesn't mean that they're disorganised.

Somebody posted it a couple of pages ago on this thread, apparently they spoke to an admissions tutor and that's how they do it. And no, they give offers to the top of the list - so as people are made offers/rejected, others are pushed to the top of the list - it just takes longer for some to reach the top of the list, say if their interview performance wasn't as strong.

To be honest, it took them almost three months to get back to me, so I must have been really far down :lol:

You were one of the first to receive your offer, they gave those who scored the best their offers and are now giving those who scored towards the bottom, their rejections, then those in the middle will be ranked and cut off will be made !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1942
I did my interview on the 29th of January. It kind of worries me despite hearing about new offers being made each week. Did you guys submit any more documents onto the portal after the interview? I didn't do anything except wait :frown:. Praying really hard for an offer because I would really like to get into KCL Medic!
Original post by Riolu
I did my interview on the 29th of January. It kind of worries me despite hearing about new offers being made each week. Did you guys submit any more documents onto the portal after the interview? I didn't do anything except wait :frown:. Praying really hard for an offer because I would really like to get into KCL Medic!

I didn't submit more documents but it might be taking a little while because there is another interview date on 24th March so maybe they'll send out all the decisions after then?

Goodluck :smile:
Any offers today????
Original post by brie27
Any offers today????

pretty sure they update at like 730ish so check again then
Rejected just now. Gutted :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by curiousninja
Rejected just now. Gutted :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear :frown: when was your interview?
Anyone else get an offer or rejection today, been pretty quiet?
Haven't heard anything today either! Any offers anyone??
The silence is killing me XD
Do you think they have many offers left?
Original post by brie27
Do you think they have many offers left?

No clue but I would think if they had no offers left we would have all been rejected by now.
think they'll have loads of offers left
I'm looking to go into wolfson house because it's cheap and I don't have to commute. Does anybody know anything about it ( pros/cons)?
Does anyone have the 'accommodation' tab on their portal? Cos it mentions that's where you get your user name etc. It hasn't appeared on mine
Original post by Hze11dhu
Does anyone have the 'accommodation' tab on their portal? Cos it mentions that's where you get your user name etc. It hasn't appeared on mine

I think that appears early April- as we get sent an email inviting us to submit our application for accommodation! :smile:
Original post by Matthew_K
I'm looking to go into wolfson house because it's cheap and I don't have to commute. Does anybody know anything about it ( pros/cons)?

Hey I'm probs going to end up @ Wolfson too!

From what I've heard/read ...

Pros: Cheapest, On Campus, no need to commute, everything is very close and very social !

Cons: Not in as great condition compared to some of the other residences i.e a little tired looking, no on-suite rooms, slightly better overall in terms of facilities!

Hope that helps!
Original post by Annettee
I got an offer! I applied for the 6 year programme :smile: came through at 5.30pm today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, where else did you apply?
Good job to all with offers. As ever anything about medicine/Kings just ask away :smile:

Latest