The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Psychology 2016

Has anyone on here applied to the University of Birmingham to study Psychology? Anyone planning on putting it as a firm or insurance? I think I will firm my offer. Let's talk!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I applied to the University of Birmingham to study psychology and have already set it as my firm choice. Now I just need to get the grades haha
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by sophie.morris
Hey! I applied to the University of Birmingham to study psychology and have already set it as my firm choice. Now I just need to get the grades haha

Hey! That's cool, I'm going to put Birmingham as my firm soon too. What's your name? Where are you from? :smile:
Original post by 31011991
Hey! That's cool, I'm going to put Birmingham as my firm soon too. What's your name? Where are you from? :smile:

My name's Sophie, what's yours? I'm from Staffordshire, what about you? :smile: Have you studied Psychology already at A level?
Reply 4
My name's Sophie, what's yours? I'm from Staffordshire, what about you? :smile: Have you studied Psychology already at A level?

My name is Elle, and I'm from Manchester! I have studied Psychology at GCSE and A Level. What about you? :smile:
My name is Elle, and I'm from Manchester! I have studied Psychology at GCSE and A Level. What about you? :smile:

That's such a pretty name! I've studied psychology at A level, as well as biology and English literature. What other subjects do you do? :smile:
I'm studying psychology at As level any tips and should I take it at A2?
Reply 7
That's such a pretty name! I've studied psychology at A level, as well as biology and English literature. What other subjects do you do? :smile:

Thank you!! I'm also studying RE and Sociology :smile: What is going to be your insurance choice?
Original post by Charlyy27114

You should do it at A2, only if you like it of course, but if you like it at AS then do it! As for tips, just start your revision early and in small sections rather than cramming in the last month or so. Make revision notes or cue cards or whatever works for you and do past papers :smile:
Thank you!! I'm also studying RE and Sociology :smile: What is going to be your insurance choice?

I wish I'd taken sociology instead of biology, I think I would've preferred it :smile: Keele, just in case I don't get the grades, what about you?
Reply 10
I wish I'd taken sociology instead of biology, I think I would've preferred it :smile: Keele, just in case I don't get the grades, what about you?

That's so funny, I wish I'd taken biology instead of sociology!! I really dislike sociology at the moment :frown: My insurance is going to be Manchester! :smile:
That's so funny, I wish I'd taken biology instead of sociology!! I really dislike sociology at the moment :frown: My insurance is going to be Manchester! :smile:

Woah that's so weird! I don't like biology, it's too hard for me :frown: Ah right:smile:
Reply 12
Woah that's so weird! I don't like biology, it's too hard for me :frown: Ah right:smile:

I know, I have heard that biology is really hard, so maybe it was best! :wink: Which accommodation are you going to apply for? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Charlyy27114

Definitely make sure you love the course at the moment, and look at the next years modules to see if you think you'd enjoy them. Have all of your revision notes done by February half term (Easter holiday at the latest). Do as many past papers, timed, without notes, as you possibly can! Hope this helps :smile:
Hello :smile: I'm thinking about firming Birmingham aswell :smile:
Firmed Birmingham today!! Can't wait😏 have any of you applied for accommodation or anything??? They opened it so early which was weird
Hello guys! :smile: I'm actually going to be commuting in every day, though I know people think that's a bad idea, I'm gonna do it anyway haha
Original post by izzy_hill
Firmed Birmingham today!! Can't wait😏 have any of you applied for accommodation or anything??? They opened it so early which was weird

I have applied and I have put the Oakley Court duplex as my first choice as I only live in Staffordshire so I thought I would go for a cheaper accommodation :smile: how about you??
Hello guys! :smile: I'm actually going to be commuting in every day, though I know people think that's a bad idea, I'm gonna do it anyway haha

no that's not a bad idea!! A girl who was in the year above at my school now commutes into London for uni (I'm from Hertfordshire so we're only about 30 mins away by train) and it works out fine for her, if you're able to then it's a good option 😊
Original post by amylouise5
I have applied and I have put the Oakley Court duplex as my first choice as I only live in Staffordshire so I thought I would go for a cheaper accommodation :smile: how about you??

That's awesome, I hope you get it! I think I put Mason as my preferred one, and then selly oak was second if I remember right, and so on. Idk if they have a percentage for how many students get their first choice haha but I hope we get ours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending