The Student Room Group

Help: Withdrawing Unconditional Offer + What Happens?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JQLeitch
Sorry for reviving this thread, just one more question.

Could I ring a University on results day (if I get better than expected results) to see if they can offer me a place?

The idea is if they can offer me a place, I'll be able to withdraw from Lincoln and then go to Leicester. Not sure it works that way.

I'm afraid that as it is an unconditional, you are not eligible for Adjustment, as you have no terms to exceed in your offer.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'm afraid that as it is an unconditional, you are not eligible for Adjustment, as you have no terms to exceed in your offer.

Damn, oh well. Thanks for the reply. Luckily the place I got the unconditional from, I actually like.

What about being released into clearing and then applying for Leicester that way? Is that doable?
Original post by JQLeitch
What about being released into clearing and then applying for Leicester that way? Is that doable?

PQ's post above tells you what to do. If you don't want to go to Lincoln, get out of it now or you will lose valuable time in Clearing and any places may have gone before you can get free. There may be no places in Leicester in either Clearing or Extra in the event, so you will be wasting your time by doing this in that case. Be very sure you are prepared to take the risk.

You seem to be basing all this on league tables, which change every year and which do not in any case tell you the league table position for the year that will matter to you, i.e. the year you graduate. Most of the things measured on league tables do not have any bearing on undergraduate courses. However, you are clearly determined to get rid of Lincoln, so do it now and take your chances in Extra or Clearing.
PQ's post above tells you what to do. If you don't want to go to Lincoln, get out of it now or you will lose valuable time in Clearing and any places may have gone before you can get free. There may be no places in Leicester in either Clearing or Extra in the event, so you will be wasting your time by doing this in that case. Be very sure you are prepared to take the risk.

You seem to be basing all this on league tables, which change every year and which do not in any case tell you the league table position for the year that will matter to you, i.e. the year you graduate. Most of the things measured on league tables do not have any bearing on undergraduate courses. However, you are clearly determined to get rid of Lincoln, so do it now and take your chances in Extra or Clearing.

Thanks for the advice, again. Although you're wrong in that I want to get rid of Lincoln, if that was the case I'd of withdrew from the University months ago, this is simply the case of creating a backup option. I'm likely not to exceed my grade expectations, but if I do, I'd love the chance to go to a "more reputable" university. Unfortunately based on PQ's and your advice, it seems I'm out of options (i.e. clearing being extremely risky and unpredictable), which quite honestly I'm fine with, I'm more than content going to Lincoln. Again, thanks for the replies, they have helped a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending