The Student Room Group

Keeping feet flat whilst squatting...

Scroll to see replies

Super glue your feet to the floor, always helps me.

Jokes aside, make sure your chest is upright, stretch your ankles or buy weightlifting shoes. Sometimes it's because the weight is too heavy, maybe deload and concentrate on the movement whilst having someone record you or watch yourself in the mirror.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by DiddyDec
Try duct taping your feet to the floor.

I came here to say that. :mob:
Original post by Random.guy
Try keeping your toes off the ground, as in lift them up (though this might make you unstable a bit) and forcing the weight to go through your heels. You could also place some small flat weight plates e.g. 2.5/5kg ones under your heels which could help you to use your heels mostly when squatting.

Edit* How do you perform your squat usually? Do you keep your elbows tucked into your sides, back straight with chest extended out, neutral neck position (looking straight ahead in the mirror wall instead of the floor might help also to prevent you from looking down which may make you lean forward) :smile:

Perfect way to strain/tear the deltoid ligaments. Great advice.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Im literally exactly the same... Screws up my leg day workout. Ive tried many times with people etc but still cant do it.

I was literally researching all night to figure out what's going on :lol:

image.jpeg

Your foot should be able to bend like the barefoot...mine can't which means I've got tight calves. If that's also the case for you then you'll have to do calf stretching exercises..

This explains everything - http://fitforreallife.com/2014/04/tight-calves-why-how-what-to-do-with-them/
Original post by Biryani007
X

[video="youtube;XISJxsccN1E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E[/video]
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
[video="youtube;XISJxsccN1E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISJxsccN1E[/video]

Super helpful, thank you! :biggrin:

DAT *** (Butt) !!!!!
Original post by Butternuts96
Perfect way to strain/tear the deltoid ligaments. Great advice.

What I have mentioned are all tips mentioned by people who weight lift. You will only cause damage to yourself if you do things incorrectly. Nothing I said from what I can see would lead to any injury, even more so since she's just using her body weight so what on Earth are you talking about. If you're going to mention it causing an injury at least tell me how my advice was wrong so that if I'm wrong I will learn from it, but you haven't, instead what I've mentioned has been repeated by other people who posted on here making what you've said even more confusing since you seemed to pick my post out of everyone else's.
Step one: make a new account without 150 followers

Step two: make this thread again

Step three: read the advice that isn't from complete spackers and people who want to bang you
I definitely do, I'm on a mission to sort out my body :ahee:

x

How?

Well it's been mentioned by others on here now that you have poor ankle mobility so I'd agree with pretty much everything in the video that was posted on here to improve ankle mobility which is basically to stretch to improve your flexibility haha. Good luck with it :smile:
Also as a sort of PSA, everyone who gives advice on this question without actually seeing the lift either in person or at least on video is embarrassing themselves.

Congratulations you read some crap on the internet and now you're parroting it. Must have been very hard.
Original post by SmashConcept

Step three: read the advice that isn't from complete spackers and people who want to bang you

:/

Can you please point me to the advice you've seen that I shouldn't follow?

Original post by Random.guy
Well it's been mentioned by others on here now that you have poor ankle mobility so I'd agree with pretty much everything in the video that was posted on here to improve ankle mobility which is basically to stretch to improve your flexibility haha. Good luck with it :smile:

Thank you...Yep, I'm not going to try putting plates under my heels because that wont do anything to sort the problem out...will have to try do the ankle and calf exercises daily and try not to wear heels as often..
:/

Can you please point me to the advice you've seen that I shouldn't follow?

Sure, here you go http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3956901

You've not linked to a particular post? All the advice given is wrong?

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've not linked to a particular post? All the advice given is wrong?

Yes.

"Also as a sort of PSA, everyone who gives advice on this question without actually seeing the lift either in person or at least on video is embarrassing themselves.

Congratulations you read some crap on the internet and now you're parroting it. Must have been very hard."

Why can't I rate on phone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put a plate full of biryani on your feet. Take a bite every time you successfully do a squat.
Original post by Enginerd.
Why can't I rate on phone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll do it for you mate
sup'rglue thy feet to the ground

Quick Reply

Latest