The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
On our tickets it says Document number. Does anyone know what this would be for a passport?

I assume it's your passport number. (I'm using my driving licence and I've been told that mine will be the long ass licence number).. If you're not sure, you can leave it blank and ask when you get there, when they check you in. They'll probably fill it in for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaiKay
I assume it's your passport number. (I'm using my driving licence and I've been told that mine will be the long ass licence number).. If you're not sure, you can leave it blank and ask when you get there, when they check you in. They'll probably fill it in for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. I figured it would be since I couldn't really think of anything else it could be. I think i'll fill it in and take a spare copy without the passport number on in case it's something else.
Thanks!
How's everyone's revision going? I'm basically wallowing in the oblivion that is indifference. Just want this exam over and done with now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ishleen
That's what I'm planning too. And depending on what I've read here it looks that 6 weeks won't be enough. When are you starting prep for UKCAT ??

Going to start now for ukcat but not seriously, maybe a couple of hours a week. But i'll start properly revising in may. Really don't want to do the GAMSAT haha.
Original post by pharma21
How's everyone's revision going? I'm basically wallowing in the oblivion that is indifference. Just want this exam over and done with now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto. Can't wait for this exam to be done so I never have to look at it again and I can go home for Easter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just doing some reading and looking for interesting news stories.

I want it to be done too. It's making me so tired.
Reply 226
Original post by MedicalElleWoods
Going to start now for ukcat but not seriously, maybe a couple of hours a week. But i'll start properly revising in may. Really don't want to do the GAMSAT haha.

It would be better to start revising GAMSAT now and then take the 3 weeks running up to your UKCAT test to focus on that fully. There is only so much you can do for the UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
It would be better to start revising GAMSAT now and then take the 3 weeks running up to your UKCAT test to focus on that fully. There is only so much you can do for the UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's mostly to do with the fact I don't really want to go to a GAMSAT uni, without sounding mean i'd rather go somewhere with science graduates. Plus Southampton and Warwick are my top choices which are both UKCAT.
I think it's mostly to do with the fact I don't really want to go to a GAMSAT uni, without sounding mean i'd rather go somewhere with science graduates. Plus Southampton and Warwick are my top choices which are both UKCAT.

Warwick and Southampton take non-science graduates.
Warwick and Southampton take non-science graduates.

I know they do which is ironic haha! I think overall i'd prefer to be in a class with people who have spent the last 3 years doing what i've done, but i'm not exactly going to be picky, i'll go wherever I get in haha!
I know they do which is ironic haha! I think overall i'd prefer to be in a class with people who have spent the last 3 years doing what i've done, but i'm not exactly going to be picky, i'll go wherever I get in haha!

Do you know where you want to apply?
Do you know where you want to apply?

If I only do UKCAT it'll be Southampton, Warwick, Kings(?) and Newcastle. I liked Bart's but they've started to weigh postgraduate qualifications more so I probably won't bother.
Reply 232

If I only do UKCAT it'll be Southampton, Warwick, Kings(?) and Newcastle. I liked Bart's but they've started to weigh postgraduate qualifications more so I probably won't bother.

3 out of 4 of your choices take non-science grads!!
Original post by liam__
3 out of 4 of your choices take non-science grads!!

Yeah, I'm was surprised at the amount of people that apply that are non-science grads! I just assumed most people took the boomed route, didn't realise until I came onto these forums, quite odd! The science section of GAMSAT must take so much prep then D:
Reply 234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh, same here. I'm pretty worn out too so not really in a revising mood. Can't wait til it's over. I just hope I get a good sleep, Friday night.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not as burnt out as the last time I took the test with two days to go. I'm looking forward to it being over but I'm going to do a bit of section 3 work before the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DelphiDeWitt
I'm not as burnt out as the last time I took the test with two days to go. I'm looking forward to it being over but I'm going to do a bit of section 3 work before the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek:

omg why?
Original post by DelphiDeWitt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Respect for the perseverance, how did you fare last time, assuming this is your second sitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised we aren't allowed calculators :frown:

We are allowed watches right?
I just realised we aren't allowed calculators :frown:

We are allowed watches right?
Analogue (non-digital) with no alarm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending