The Student Room Group

UKMT Intermediate Maths Challenge 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lrn14
They are about the same :-)

Okay thanks :smile:
Original post by BriannaTheBreeze
I got the same as you! I was so nervous that I wasn't going to get in but then phew! If you don't mind my asking, what are you aiming for (roughly)? Good luck anyhow!

I want to try and aim for a merit, not sure if I will get it though... It would be amazing if I got a distinction or a medal, but I think thats quite unlikely for me. Also, good luck to you too! And what are you roughly aiming for?
Who sat the pink kangaroo today?
Original post by PixelatedOwl
Who sat the pink kangaroo today?

Me
Original post by Chittesh14
Me

How did you find it?
How did you find it?

Difficult... :/
I couldn't answer many of the questions particularly because I spent 20 minutes on one question and just done it wrong throughout... -_-
I didn't understand some of the ways that questions were worded too -_-
I couldn't answer many of the questions particularly because I spent 20 minutes on one question and just done it wrong throughout... -_-

I had done the past three as practise and I found today's a lot harder than those. I didn't really have time to do the last 10 so I made quite a few guesses.

I realised a lot of the answers as I was looking over the paper again after the challenge :frown: oh well, I wonder when we'll find out...
Original post by Foreverton
I had done the past three as practise and I found today's a lot harder than those. I didn't really have time to do the last 10 so I made quite a few guesses.

I made several- ah- educated guesses. We'll have to see how those work out.

I was just pissed off blantantly at the fact that some of the questions were worded in a weird way, often confusing me.
I didn't do any past papers unfortunately... my fault I know, very stupid thing to do.
But, either way, it was a hard paper - I guessed the last 6 I think lol just read them in the last 2 minutes and circled anything. Hopefully, 2/6 are correct!
I realised a lot of the answers as I was looking over the paper again after the challenge :frown: oh well, I wonder when we'll find out...

I wonder when the paper and mark scheme are going to be put onto the website. It's weird because for the IMC, they put in at the end of the day - it was on the website already, and for the Kangaroo, it's not on -_-
I made several- ah- educated guesses. We'll have to see how those work out.

Yes, same :smile: Hopefully a few of the ones I actually worked out properly will be correct!

I wonder when the paper and mark scheme are going to be put onto the website. It's weird because for the IMC, they put in at the end of the day - it was on the website already, and for the Kangaroo, it's not on -_-

I know, when do you think they'll be up?

:smile:
Original post by JenniMusic
Yes, same :smile: Hopefully a few of the ones I actually worked out properly will be correct!

I know, when do you think they'll be up?

:smile:

Not sure unfortunately, I don't even know if they put it up on the day - I've never been in a Kangaroo round, so I never check it lol.
But, I'll tweet them to ask! :biggrin:
Not sure unfortunately, I don't even know if they put it up on the day - I've never been in a Kangaroo round, so I never check it lol.
But, I'll tweet them to ask! :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458384157.044353.jpg

This is from the UKMT website

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458384157.044353.jpg

This is from the UKMT website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, I didn't even read it -_- . I'm pretty sure I can get it marked at school lol.
Grade boundaries have been released:

Grey Kangaroo: 89+ merit
Pink Kangaro: 84+ merit

:'( :'(
Grade boundaries have been released:

Grey Kangaroo: 89+ merit
Pink Kangaro: 84+ merit

:'( :'(

How did you do? Did it not go th way you wanted it to?
How did you do? Did it not go th way you wanted it to?

I don't know, I made a lot of silly mistakes in the exam due to pressure and tension.
When I done it at home, it was better. Either way, I flopped badly and was far away from the 'Merit'.

I should've done past papers lmao.

What about you?
I don't know, I made a lot of silly mistakes in the exam due to pressure and tension.
When I done it at home, it was better. Either way, I flopped badly and was far away from the 'Merit'.

I should've done past papers lmao.

What about you?

I hate it when people find excuses for their failures
Original post by SomePerson123
I hate it when people find excuses for their failures

Well continue hating.
I'm not really distraught by this - it's meant to be done for fun. Obviously, I'll be a little upset and that's it.

Quick Reply