The Student Room Group

Red nose making me depressed

My nose is bright red and I'm very self conscious of it - it's bad enough that strangers comment on it and I've had enough of the Rudolph jokes. Ive tried green moisturisers but they only make a slight difference. My skin is always very dry, despite moisturising, exfoliating etc. and therefore I can't wear foundation as my skin starts peeling and looks even worse.
I'd love to try and solve this so I can feel more confident - what can I do?? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
My nose is bright red and I'm very self conscious of it - it's bad enough that strangers comment on it and I've had enough of the Rudolph jokes. Ive tried green moisturisers but they only make a slight difference. My skin is always very dry, despite moisturising, exfoliating etc. and therefore I can't wear foundation as my skin starts peeling and looks even worse.
I'd love to try and solve this so I can feel more confident - what can I do?? :frown:

If you're a girl....bright red nose is actually kinda cute, my ex's nose was bit pinkish reddish...and her face was white....so yeah it's not totally a bad thing!

If you're a guy.....no comment: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
While I do feel you should embrace it and I'm sure it's not as bad as you think, you c oils always put concealer on it? If the dry skin is persisting it might be a good idea to speak to dermatologist :smile:
Have you been to a dermatologist about it?
Reply 4
Paint the rest of your face so it matches?
Reply 5
Do you have rosacea by any chance? There's a moisturising cream by a company called eminence, it's called rosehip whip and I find it really helps with redness.
As the other person above said, you should try visiting a dermatologist.
Reply 7
Original post by GothicShield
If you're a girl....bright red nose is actually kinda cute, my ex's nose was bit pinkish reddish...and her face was white....so yeah it's not totally a bad thing!

If you're a guy.....no comment: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I'm a girl and thanks that is reassuring!
Reply 8
Original post by Blondie987
While I do feel you should embrace it and I'm sure it's not as bad as you think, you c oils always put concealer on it? If the dry skin is persisting it might be a good idea to speak to dermatologist :smile:

Original post by Eternalflames
Have you been to a dermatologist about it?

Original post by newttella
As the other person above said, you should try visiting a dermatologist.

Thanks everyone - no, I've not been to a dermatologist but I'll look into that :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by keturah
Do you have rosacea by any chance? There's a moisturising cream by a company called eminence, it's called rosehip whip and I find it really helps with redness.

I'm thinking it might be rosacea but I'm going to make an appointment with a dermatologist and see what they say. I just had a look at the cream and unfortunately it's a bit too expensive for me but thanks anyway for the recommendation :smile:
Have you seen your GP about your skin condition? They could prescribe you something to solve that so you could wear foundation :h: otherwise there may be certain brands that don't cause your skin to peel, like foundation for sensitive skin?

I'm sure you're beautiful either way, sometimes we notice our imperfections more than other people do! Remeber that Rudolph's red nose made him the best reindeer, no one remebers all the other basic reindeers :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest