The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swissinuk
Saying management is not a real subject is ignorant and ridiculous.

Is it? If you were doing it at Oxbridge or LSE, then maybe it's sufficiently rigorous to inspire respect. The rest are degree factories, teaching people the difference between profit and debt. Not the most challenging syllabus, is it?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Management, business and finance-related subjects are like defective children of Economics.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
True. I was being a little facetious. and I am not sure the locals would say that there is no international rec, either. All the Asians who clog up their highstreets, when the locals are out prowling it looking to score their next bag of smack.

The locals couldn't care less, they're all sitting in the King Billy getting drunk at midday and shouting at stray cats.
Original post by wdkmwd
You were screaming about why i was asking for opinions on Universities on the transfer thread.

A man your age should be worrying about his pensions, not 18 year old teenagers on a forum

Oh, you were the young lady who failed to understand the purpose of the thread, and were too lazy to do any research about your offers from "top" universities. I remember now.

I don't worry about my pension. I make pretty good money and am slowly accruing a decent balance due to generous employer contributions :smile:

I appreciate your concern though.
Reply 104
Yeah, that's the thing. EVERYONE gets offers for management, evident by your offers from those two. The interesting thing is that you didn't get one.

And I hope you accept Durham, mate. Their Stockton campus is said to be one of the most university department buildings in all Europe.

My course at bath has 520 applicants and 32 places. Yeah, everyone gets an offer.
Reply 105

Unless you're doing it at institutions like King's College London, LSE, or Oxbridge.

You might as well just toss your certificate in the garbage because you won't really amount to much in the competitive society I'm thriving in.
Is it? If you were doing it at Oxbridge or LSE, then maybe it's sufficiently rigorous to inspire respect. The rest are degree factories, teaching people the difference between profit and debt. Not the most challenging syllabus, is it?

Even in that case, Mathematics, Physics, MORSE etc. graduates would be the ones competing for IB roles. On the other hand, what would be the world without secretaries and admin staff?
Reply 107
My course at bath has 520 applicants and 32 places. Yeah, everyone gets an offer.

This pathetic attempt at trying to save face at your obvious failure in securing a place at the University of Exeter just makes you look shameful.

Have some pride and decency.
Reply 108
Original post by wdkmwd
The facts are you applied to Exeter and failed to secure a place.

You're an embarrassment.

Ok, i'll explain it again. The course I applied to at exeter as a security happened to be very different to the other courses I applied to, and apparently my personal statement must not have been geared enough towards that course as some of the other applicants that are only applying to Business and Geography combined honours courses.
Reply 109
Original post by ByronicHero
Oh, you were the young lady who failed to understand the purpose of the thread, and were too lazy to do any research about your offers from "top" universities. I remember now.

I don't worry about my pension. I make pretty good money and am slowly accruing a decent balance due to generous employer contributions :smile:

I appreciate your concern though.

Your assumptions that I am a female already prove why you're completely flawed as a user.

I would suggest you consult a doctor to help with your schizophrenia, Grandpa.
Reply 110
Original post by wdkmwd
This pathetic attempt at trying to save face at your obvious failure in securing a place at the University of Exeter just makes you look shameful.

Have some pride and decency.

You sound like a political prisoner being forced to give a speech in the DPR Korea.

Blink twice if kim is holding his semi at you behind the camera!
Original post by Arkasia
The locals couldn't care less, they're all sitting in the King Billy getting drunk at midday and shouting at stray cats.

Or beating their kids in public because the kid refused to steal their dinner from Sainsbury's.

I was walking in that park next to the castle today. Literally saw a smackhead in the bushes shooting up. They don't show you that stuff in the prospectus.
Reply 112
Ok, i'll explain it again. The course I applied to at exeter as a security happened to be very different to the other courses I applied to, and apparently my personal statement must not have been geared enough towards that course as some of the other applicants that are only applying to Business and Geography combined honours courses.

So the summary of this is that you were just not good enough for Exeter?

That's fine, I understand.

Actually, no I don't haha.
Reply 113
You sound like a political prisoner being forced to give a speech in the DPR Korea.

Blink twice if kim is holding his semi at you behind the camera!

Yawn

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/
Original post by 0123456543210
Even in that case, Mathematics, Physics, MORSE etc. graduates would be the ones competing for IB roles. On the other hand, what would be the world without secretaries and admin staff?

Nah, these people are confirmed for the assistant managers programme at MaccyD's, provided they have access to a car. They're more than mere admins.
Reply 115
Original post by wdkmwd
So the summary of this is that you were just not good enough for Exeter?

That's fine, I understand.

Actually, no I don't haha.

No, that's not the summary. It's a very short paragraph, it should not need a summary.

A lot of apps. Oxbridge and LSE students need their 4th and 5th choice unis, still.
Reply 117
No, that's not the summary. It's a very short paragraph, it should not need a summary.

The sentence was of a considerable length.

This is why you couldn't get into Exeter.
Original post by wdkmwd
Your assumptions that I am a female already prove why you're completely flawed as a user.

I would suggest you consult a doctor to help with your schizophrenia, Grandpa.

That would be one assumption, not assumptions.
Reply 119
Don't worry Swiss.

You could always do what the other losers who couldn't make it into their first choice University do.

Take a gap year to try and get on the level of us elite students.

Attending RG/Golden triangle Universities on our first attempt.

All in a days work if i do say so myself.

Latest

Trending

Trending