The Student Room Group

Keeping feet flat whilst squatting...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Oh! I see now you change the subject...

Do you enjoy trolling? Or are you genuinely that fussed about the fact that I disagreed with your point on squatting?
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Do you enjoy trolling? Or are you genuinely that fussed about the fact that I disagreed with your point on squatting?

I am fussed about the fact that you called me dumb!
Original post by shawtyb
id like to think my picture resembles a women lol
iv done resistence stuff too, and deadlifting, and chin ups/pull ups

Haha tbf judging by your display pic you look over 20 which I guess makes you a woman :wink: It's refreshing to see a girl/woman like you training with a resistance program rather than purely relying on cardio for athletic and aesthetic gains :smile:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I am fussed about the fact that you called me dumb!

Okay I am sorry for apparently calling you dumb. Happy now?

I am joking! Chill Boy! Your welcome! And Sorry! ANd Thank YoU!
I didn't mean anything I said in the last post!
The barbell is probably positioned too far forward which is creating a torque, it should be above the middle of your feet when you started and move up and down only, not outside this plane of motion.

Learn to ignore retards
Haha tbf judging by your display pic you look over 20 which I guess makes you a woman :wink: It's refreshing to see a girl/woman like you training with a resistance program rather than purely relying on cardio for athletic and aesthetic gains :smile:

Yea defo over 20 haha
I like resistance stuff :smile: I'm not a strong runner so I prefer other stuff like weight and bench presses etc
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Learn to ignore retards

Watch out he'll probs start on you now!
Original post by shawtyb
Yea defo over 20 haha
I like resistance stuff :smile: I'm not a strong runner so I prefer other stuff like weight and bench presses etc

Good stuff :smile:
Good stuff :smile:

:smile:
Watch out he'll probs start on you now!

No, actually I won't! I like panda's. They are Black, White and Asian!!!I also like Guns! You don't need to say sorry, I forgive you!
I found I had a similar issue when I started doing powerlifting last summer. You need to find away to shift your weight backwards, as the reason you are shifting onto your toes is that your weight is acting through the front part of your foot/just in front of your foot. Try pushing your bum as far back as possible as you lower into the squat and leaning forward a bit less

*tips fedora
Original post by Biryani007

I do, I tried the tests at 2:24..

Those tests don't make sense. "Do a squat" is not a good test for someone who doesn't know how to squat. I tried the second test, and the only reason to do it standing up as opposed to lying down is because it makes it harder to balance. So you're more likely to fail the test and buy whatever nonsense this guy is selling.

Working on it has helped a load of people so it's more than likely to be the reason I'm having issues...it's worth a shot and even if it doesn't improve my squats, I'll have flexible ankles which is always a plus...

You do what you want to do :smile:
Weightlifting shoes or no shoes; regular running shoes are too unstable.
Reply 77
What position is your back in whilst squatting? This used to happen to me at the beginning, but I corrected it by making sure I drive through my heels and most importantly that my spine/back are neutral and not extended
Original post by SmashConcept
Also as a sort of PSA, everyone who gives advice on this question without actually seeing the lift either in person or at least on video is embarrassing themselves.

Congratulations you read some crap on the internet and now you're parroting it. Must have been very hard.

Giving some advice on mobility is better than giving no advice :smile: At the very least that will improve. But fair point OP should make an account on Sugden and post videos :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SmashConcept
Step one: make a new account without 150 followers

Step two: make this thread again

Step three: read the advice that isn't from complete spackers and people who want to bang you

Agree.

Sorry to those who are genuine, but most of the advice is from people I've not seen around the Gym forums, interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest