The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

has anyone got an offer from Uni of Nottingham recently for Law? seems like I've been waiting forever for what I know is going to be a rejection
Original post by MsTabitha
Yeah, me too. I am fine with it because I've been leaning more & more towards Abz. anyway but I am sorry you haven't got what you wanted. What are your options now?

Oh I'm sorry:frown: that's good you're wanting Aberdeen though! I'm thinking Strathclyde now but not sure
Has anyone heard from Warwick for law with a study abroad? I have been waiting for a reply since December and still haven't heard! Should I be worried?
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
So could I put Glasgow as my insurance in hope of them being more lenient? And Durham as my firm?

Thank you so much Cholesta! I don't understand why some people must make such a fuss about a parent being on TSR. Sometimes an adult's advice is exactly what we all need here...

I would do that. Is Durham A*AA and Glasgow AAA. I did read that Glasgow are more sympathetic to missed grades. Definitely don't put a London uni down as there is no leverage at all. Speaking from experience of my son last year. Work hard and you should get the grades and well done for getting into Durham.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jayeshp
has anyone got an offer from Uni of Nottingham recently for Law? seems like I've been waiting forever for what I know is going to be a rejection

I'm still waiting! Applied in October and did LNAT in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
firmed durham and bristol is my insurance for law! anyone else?
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I'm still waiting! Applied in October and did LNAT in November

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank God its not just me. Do you mind me asking what AS grades and LNAT score you got? I sent mine off around November too and Im part of the Pathways To Law ran by UoN so I'm hoping that gives me a better chance
Original post by eliza112
Oh I'm sorry:frown: that's good you're wanting Aberdeen though! I'm thinking Strathclyde now but not sure

Yeah, I'm totally at peace with it although I do kinda wish it hadn't taken this long!
Strathclyde's a solid choice; it has a strong law department. Where else did you apply?
Original post by jayeshp
thank God its not just me. Do you mind me asking what AS grades and LNAT score you got? I sent mine off around November too and Im part of the Pathways To Law ran by UoN so I'm hoping that gives me a better chance

I got ABCC at AS and 22 in LNAT so won't be surprised if I'm rejected :frown: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UKStudent2016
. To be honest, in hindsight, as a mature mid career applicant who's working full-time and studying alongside for an Access to HE and who literally had to stay awake rushing to finish an urgent job related project the night before UGAA assessment, was a strategic blunder to say the least.

Just wanted to say good luck and to empathize :smile: I'm 27 in a similar position and I too made a strategic mistake. I scheduled the LNAT after a trip that involved flying halfway around the world (literally London to Tokyo via some Nordic country). I thought that a few days later I would have recovered from jet lag. Well, I didn't - plus nerves meant I stayed up all night. I got no sleep before my LNAT and I got a very average score.

The night before I'd scored 30 on a practice. Rejected from UCL. C'est la vie.

I really hope something works out for you. If nothing else, the madness is 'character-building.'
Original post by srai243
any offers/rejections from ucl recently? I have noticed there haven't really been decisions sent out by them in a while. Really worried that they will just reject everyone now :frown:

Rejected, LNAT, recently - a week or less ago?
I've emailed Nottingham requesting a time period in which they'll reach a decision.
Fed up of the wait and just want it over with!
Original post by Cholesta
I would do that. Is Durham A*AA and Glasgow AAA. I did read that Glasgow are more sympathetic to missed grades. Definitely don't put a London uni down as there is no leverage at all. Speaking from experience of my son last year. Work hard and you should get the grades and well done for getting into Durham.

Thank you :-)
Reply 3533
Original post by fabruttledge
I've emailed Nottingham requesting a time period in which they'll reach a decision.
Fed up of the wait and just want it over with!

feel exactly the same!! let us know what they reply please :smile:
Original post by ellawhite4686
firmed durham and bristol is my insurance for law! anyone else?

Same here! :smile:
Original post by yvchan
Same here! :smile:

what college at durham?
what college at durham?

I haven't received my college allocation email yet, but according to the post offer holders' day sign up page, I'm allocated to St Johns! What about you? :smile:
Original post by yvchan
I haven't received my college allocation email yet, but according to the post offer holders' day sign up page, I'm allocated to St Johns! What about you? :smile:

collingwood :smile: are you visiting next week?
collingwood :smile: are you visiting next week?

Ooh, a friend of mine got allocated there as well! :smile: And no, unfortunately all the accommodation places have been taken up (I live around 5 hours away from Durham) and I've got mocks next week! Are you going?
Original post by yvchan
Ooh, a friend of mine got allocated there as well! :smile: And no, unfortunately all the accommodation places have been taken up (I live around 5 hours away from Durham) and I've got mocks next week! Are you going?

ah thats annoying! yes I'm really looking forward to it :smile: do you want to be added to the Facebook group chat for law applicants at durham?

Latest

Trending

Trending