The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
What are you doing your CA on? I'm only on my evaluation and it's worrying me that I won't be able to finish it in time considering my teacher hasn't arranged ANY after school help sessions so if we get stuck we're screwed :angry:

We did ours on Rivers (Water on the Land) but it is taking forever. It must be annoying that they don't give you extra sessions - could you not ask them to offer some?
Original post by brainzistheword
We did ours on Rivers (Water on the Land) but it is taking forever. It must be annoying that they don't give you extra sessions - could you not ask them to offer some?

Ours is on Tourism and it's so dull, and we had every lesson from June until December in class but only 3 people finished, and there've been no after school sessions since then. I've tried to do it myself but I'm at the point where I need guidance on what to do next (pretty much finished evaluation, don't know what comes next :s-smilie:) but my teachers more concerned about running revision sessions. I'll ask her about it on Friday though (my next Geog lesson)
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ours is on Tourism and it's so dull, and we had every lesson from June until December in class but only 3 people finished, and there've been no after school sessions since then. I've tried to do it myself but I'm at the point where I need guidance on what to do next (pretty much finished evaluation, don't know what comes next :s-smilie:) but my teachers more concerned about running revision sessions. I'll ask her about it on Friday though (my next Geog lesson)

Oh it's a shame! I'm not sure how helpful I can be but in the high control there is an Evaluation, Interpretation and Analysis and a Conclusion. You should ask though as she may say yes - and if not, could you go at lunchtimes to do it or something like that? :smile:
True :smile:

But still not enough considering how close exams are now :smile:

That is very true :smile:
How much do you revise per day ?
Original post by nisha.sri
That is very true :smile:
How much do you revise per day ?

In terms of hours, I try to do 3-4 on a school night and 5-6 on a weekend :smile:
In terms of hours, I try to do 3-4 on a school night and 5-6 on a weekend :smile:

Wow that's good are you ready for your exams yet? :smile:
I do the same amount but more on the weekends :smile: becuase that is the only large amount of time i have and i can do looads :smile: :P
Wow that's good are you ready for your exams yet? :smile:
I do the same amount but more on the weekends :smile: becuase that is the only large amount of time i have and i can do looads :smile: :P

I'm not sure I'm ready - all my teachers say I am and I should be confident but I could know absolutely everything and still not feel confident. It also just hit me today that today is exactly 2 months until my GCSE start!! :s-smilie:

Weekends are good for doing loads and I use 5-6 as a minimum but can do more.

How confident do you feel about the exams?
I'm not sure I'm ready - all my teachers say I am and I should be confident but I could know absolutely everything and still not feel confident. It also just hit me today that today is exactly 2 months until my GCSE start!! :s-smilie:

Weekends are good for doing loads and I use 5-6 as a minimum but can do more.

How confident do you feel about the exams?

I am confident with certain subjects but some i know that i will use this half-term efficiently and revise really hard :smile: from tomorrow it's 2 months till MY exams starts :s-smilie: Ahhhh.. Some subjects i know i can get an A* and others i need to memorise and work on them :smile:
I am confident with certain subjects but some i know that i will use this half-term efficiently and revise really hard :smile: from tomorrow it's 2 months till MY exams starts :s-smilie: Ahhhh.. Some subjects i know i can get an A* and others i need to memorise and work on them :smile:

That's good to hear and at least you know where your weaknesses lie. I know I look at all this quite negatively because I feel like it only takes one question to lose you the marks for a certain grade boundary - but I suppose it makes me work that bit harder to ensure I know every detail :smile:

I'm sure you will get all the A* you have worked hard for :biggrin:

(and you are way ahead of some of my friends who haven't even thought about revising yet - quite foolish I think for them, but I can't make them revise)
(Edexcel) Maths: A*
(OCR Modern) History: A*

Good job on the grades overall. I'm doing the exact same courses I highlighted and I got the same results for my mock. 180/200 leaves a lot of room for improvement for Maths, try going over your paper and correcting what you've answered incorrectly. Make a note of those topics and do, maybe 5 questions on them to get your head around it. For History, nail the subject knowledge and practice 4 mark, 6 mark and the 10 mark questions. In general, I'm in the midst of re-teaching myself my GCSE topics according to the specifications; as after Easter I'll be focusing on past papers - using my (hopefully) top quality notes to help me answer them correctly. This is just what I'm doing for the exams this year, hopefully we can both achieve the grades we desire! :smile:
UPDATE FOR 16/03/16

Today I did more than yesterday but not everything I had planned:

Finished Physics past paper (getting marked on Friday)

Re-written German - need to learn it now

History Homework on Tet Offensive - Vietnam

Made draft notes on:

Forces and Acceleration

Friction and Terminal Speed

Forces

Mass, Weight and Gravity

Asteroids and Comets

Fuel Cells (all C6 notes done now yay)

More in-depth research into CFCs and the ozone

Original post by Afro Tail
Good job on the grades overall. I'm doing the exact same courses I highlighted and I got the same results for my mock. 180/200 leaves a lot of room for improvement for Maths, try going over your paper and correcting what you've answered incorrectly. Make a note of those topics and do, maybe 5 questions on them to get your head around it. For History, nail the subject knowledge and practice 4 mark, 6 mark and the 10 mark questions. In general, I'm in the midst of re-teaching myself my GCSE topics according to the specifications; as after Easter I'll be focusing on past papers - using my (hopefully) top quality notes to help me answer them correctly. This is just what I'm doing for the exams this year, hopefully we can both achieve the grades we desire! :smile:

Thank you - I was disappointed with my Maths mark tbh but I have been through all the mistakes and corrected them. I have also done 2 more papers in class and achieved 92 and 98 giving me 190/200 so it is an improvement and one other paper we are yet to do the second half of I got 98 so hopefully I can better the 190 this time.

Good luck with all your exams and well done on self-teaching. I hope you get all the grades you desire - keep me updated how you get on :smile:
UPDATE

I am going to try and get my German typed up so I have a neater version to look at. Also I would like to start writing more notes in neat and perhaps typing them up so they are easier to reference.
That's good to hear and at least you know where your weaknesses lie. I know I look at all this quite negatively because I feel like it only takes one question to lose you the marks for a certain grade boundary - but I suppose it makes me work that bit harder to ensure I know every detail :smile:

I'm sure you will get all the A* you have worked hard for :biggrin:

(and you are way ahead of some of my friends who haven't even thought about revising yet - quite foolish I think for them, but I can't make them revise)

Ahaha that is true i get really annoyed when i am 1 mark or 2 mark of an A* bloody annoys me like mad :smile: TRUE

Hopefully :P

Oh wow same some of my friends get distracted really easily :smile:
Ahaha that is true i get really annoyed when i am 1 mark or 2 mark of an A* bloody annoys me like mad :smile: TRUE

Hopefully :P

Oh wow same some of my friends get distracted really easily :smile:

Yeah I know the feeling :smile:

And some of my friends don't even seem to care, they expect everyone else to do stuff for them and say their parents will pay for everything - which I think means they need to get back to reality! :smile:
Yeah I know the feeling :smile:

And some of my friends don't even seem to care, they expect everyone else to do stuff for them and say their parents will pay for everything - which I think means they need to get back to reality! :smile:

True But in the end i guess they would realise :smile:
True But in the end i guess they would realise :smile:

Hopefully yes :smile:
UPDATE FOR 17/03/16

Really haven't done much today:

Looked over Plant oils and fats notes

Made notes on 2 poems

Some on Geog coursework

Started typing up German (though I have no chance of memorising any of it for the practice test tomorrow, so I will have to learn it for the real thing on my birthday :s-smilie: - oh well)

UPDATE FOR 17/03/16
Really haven't done much today:

Looked over Plant oils and fats notes

Made notes on 2 poems

Some on Geog coursework

Started typing up German (though I have no chance of memorising any of it for the practice test tomorrow, so I will have to learn it for the real thing on my birthday :s-smilie: - oh well)

When is your bday?
Looks like you've done a lot though how much do you revise per day then?
UPDATE

Typing up my German is a must for today. I also need to really start getting revision done for other subjects especially Geography and History as I need to recap the topics studied earlier. Typing up my science notes wouldn' be a bad idea either :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending