The Student Room Group

Medicine rejection

Recieved all 4 rejections from my medicine universitys , feel so empty and I do not know what to do or where to go from here. Got 1 unconditional for pharmacy. Any advice on what to do next , thank you
Original post by thomas7861
Recieved all 4 rejections from my medicine universitys , feel so empty and I do not know what to do or where to go from here. Got 1 unconditional for pharmacy. Any advice on what to do next , thank you

Sorry to hear it :frown: Unfortunately a lot of decent applicants with the right qualifications, work experience, good PS, lots of dedication etc don't get in the first time round. It's a sign of how competitive the process has become rather than a reflection on that individual. Try not to take it too personally (though it really does feel awful, I realise).

If you have an unconditonal offer for pharmacy, do you already have your A level grades? What did you get?

If you've got the right grades, reflect upon why you think you didn't get in this year. Low UKCAT? Difficult interview? Not enough preparation? Whatever the reason(s), identify it, take a gap year and reapply. It will feel really annoying to take another year out, but it would be better than doing an unnecessary degree imho.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Sorry to hear it :frown: Unfortunately a lot of decent applicants with the right qualifications, work experience, good PS, lots of dedication etc don't get in the first time round. It's a sign of how competitive the process has become rather than a reflection on that individual. Try not to take it too personally (though it really does feel awful, I realise).

If you have an unconditonal offer for pharmacy, do you already have your A level grades? What did you get?

If you've got the right grades, reflect upon why you think you didn't get in this year. Low UKCAT? Difficult interview? Not enough preparation? Whatever the reason(s), identify it, take a gap year and reapply. It will feel really annoying to take another year out, but it would be better than doing an unnecessary degree imho.

Thanks for your advice! No im still studying for my A2'S got an unconditional though lol , thanks for your help.
Reply 3
Mind if I ask what AS grades you got?
Reply 4
Have you considered a gap year in which you can strengthen your application and then reapply next year?
Original post by thomas7861
Thanks for your advice! No im still studying for my A2'S got an unconditional though lol , thanks for your help.

In that case, then for now your priority is to focus on your A levels and do your utmost to get AAA. Then have a think over the summer about how your application could be improved, then re-apply in October :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending