The Student Room Group

Just another guy crush - GUYXGUY action, plz help :)

To cut it short, he's 26, I'm 24. Met him on an app. He told me he has never done anything with a guy before but he's in fact gay.

Anyway, we spoke like 6 months ago, and we joked around, flirted a bit, etc, but I only saw him as a normal fling, friend, whatever. Recently though, all of a sudden, and I dont know why, I can't stop thinking about him!

Now the strange thing is that we never spoke on the phone (only on whatsapp, and every time I call him, he refuses to pick up, being shy and all which is frustrating tbh).

After 6 months of talking, he finally sent a voice note (3 days ago) and he sounded really shy! I joke around with things like "what will you do if we go to the movies and I hold your hand?" And he would just say "I dont know, just try it and you will see."

He's also somewhat of an a*shole and really sarcastic because sometimes he reads my msgs and ignores or says he was busy. And when I get jokingly pretend to be angry he says things like "okay cutey" or something rude back in a jokingly way and puts hearts and emojis.

I keep telling him when are we going to meet up and he keeps saying "soon" or "when the time is right". I told him "when? when you're going to propose to me?" he put a laughing emoticon and a tongue emoticon.

But it has been 6 months and we didn't even go out! I thought maybe he doesnt want to talk anymore; but actually, last month, he sent me a msg out of the blue (after almost a month of us not talking) and he said hey add me on my new number cuz I'm deleting the old one. So he does care but why does he do this?

2 days ago, I sent him a selfie on snapchat and he immediately replied: "so are you still in love with me?" and i was like "me? Love you? hahahaha in your dreams!" just to sound casual and stuff. He replied with "b****". Does he actually like me back?

Today, I sent him a whatsapp msg saying "why do u hate me so much?" he replied: "I dont hate you i just dont like talking over the phone." I dont know why but I really cant stop thinking about him and I dont know how much further I can keep on pushing him till we go out. What does he want from me? Is he even interested? HELP! :frown:

PS: Thank you everyone in advance for reading and answering; I sound like a little girl having her first crush X_X
Reply 1
Bump :frown:
Reply 2
Update: sent him a msg confessing basically saying hey listen I like u and would like to go out and see how things play out.. He read it and no response .. :/
He's catfishing. :tongue:
He's either cat fishing or a little emotionally unstable, cut your losses and find someone new imo
Reply 5
Original post by ThatOldGuy
He's catfishing. :tongue:

Original post by Blondie987
He's either cat fishing or a little emotionally unstable, cut your losses and find someone new imo

Is it still cat fishing if I actually know his full name, know how he looks like, having him on snapchat and know what he's up to, and have him on instagram?

The thing is, he's very confusing. Today's his birthday and I sent him a happy birthday text and he replied with: "thank you love" and put a kiss and a heart emoji and said "I am waiting for my gift. It will be a request to hang out together" and put another kiss and tongue emoji. Then he joked about wanting a wallet or something and said "or get creative". Anyway, my best friend told me he's into you but he's really confused at the same time.

I dont know what to do lol. :/
Original post by Anonymous
Is it still cat fishing if I actually know his full name, know how he looks like, having him on snapchat and know what he's up to, and have him on instagram?

The thing is, he's very confusing. Today's his birthday and I sent him a happy birthday text and he replied with: "thank you love" and put a kiss and a heart emoji and said "I am waiting for my gift. It will be a request to hang out together" and put another kiss and tongue emoji. Then he joked about wanting a wallet or something and said "or get creative". Anyway, my best friend told me he's into you but he's really confused at the same time.

I dont know what to do lol. :/

It sounds like he's trying to make up for not seeing you by making you promises but if nothing's happened already, I think you need to be a bit more sceptical, try to arrange to meet up a couple more times and if he keeps saying no or making excuses, move onto someone else, he'll be wasting your time
When I was reading what you've been saying about him, it was like I read about myself :laugh: Why don't you just tell him if he really likes you, why not just meet up? If he will say he's busy or whatever, that means he's not so much interested unless he's a very busy businessman working 24/7.

If he refuses or makes up excuses for a meet up, he might be hiding something.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Blondie987
It sounds like he's trying to make up for not seeing you by making you promises but if nothing's happened already, I think you need to be a bit more sceptical, try to arrange to meet up a couple more times and if he keeps saying no or making excuses, move onto someone else, he'll be wasting your time

that's what I'm planning to do now. thank you! :tongue:
that's what I'm planning to do now. thank you! :tongue:

No problem, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by ForgetMe
When I was reading what you've been saying about him, it was like I read about myself :laugh: Why don't you just tell him if he really likes you, why not just meet up? If he will say he's busy or whatever, that means he's not so much interested unless he's a very busy businessman working 24/7.

If he refuses or makes up excuses for a meet up, he might be hiding something.

hahaha. So I guess my situation is common after all :tongue: I'm planning on making a move or something once we meet up; for example, hold his hands in the cinema or something. I don't know what's going on with him but he promised to meet up really soon so I'll just wait and see. They say "easy come, easy go", right? Well, it's not in his case, and it's taking forever and really hard, but who knows, it might be worth it in the future because hey, we might be soul mates :colondollar:
hahaha. So I guess my situation is common after all :tongue: I'm planning on making a move or something once we meet up; for example, hold his hands in the cinema or something. I don't know what's going on with him but he promised to meet up really soon so I'll just wait and see. They say "easy come, easy go", right? Well, it's not in his case, and it's taking forever and really hard, but who knows, it might be worth it in the future because hey, we might be soul mates :colondollar:

I also tend to say ''soon we'll meet up'' and that takes a looooong time :teehee: Just don't get tired waiting :tongue:
I also tend to say ''soon we'll meet up'' and that takes a looooong time :teehee: Just don't get tired waiting :tongue:

hahaha seriously? that's not a nice move at all lol. So you say that to people you like as well? or only say that when you're not sure or not interested?
hahaha seriously? that's not a nice move at all lol. So you say that to people you like as well? or only say that when you're not sure or not interested?

Usually to everyone :tongue: I can't help it that I'm very shy and afraid of people :sad:
Usually to everyone :tongue: I can't help it that I'm very shy and afraid of people :sad:

haha wow! that's exactly how I think he is :tongue:
haha wow! that's exactly how I think he is :tongue:

That's why you need to take matters into your hands :tongue: Give him ultimatum and if he fails, there's not much point to continue waiting as you might have to wait for months or even longer.
That's why you need to take matters into your hands :tongue: Give him ultimatum and if he fails, there's not much point to continue waiting as you might have to wait for months or even longer.

:frown:
ill suck ur dick for a mars bar :wink:
Original post by JihadiJohnson

I dont like Mars. :smile:
Original post by JihadiJohnson

You're so cheap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending