The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UmarF882
Yeah, I'm glad I still have a chance. I think I performed best at the Sheffield interview, so I hope I get an offer from them. But then again, I thought the Keele interview went pretty good so I'm really not sure what's going to happen.

If I remember correctly the interview to offer ratio is a lot lot better at Sheffield than Keele so stay positive!!
Original post by stephannalee
If I remember correctly the interview to offer ratio is a lot lot better at Sheffield than Keele so stay positive!!

BIG GOOD LUCK to you for tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes. Stay positive :biggrin:
Original post by UmarF882
Just got a rejection post-interview. Quite upset as I felt the interview went well.

Stats:
GCSE: 5A*, 4A, 1B
AS: AAAA
A2 Prediction: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 2590
Interviewed on 2nd of March. Best of luck to the rest of you.

I am very sorry :frown: This is making me a little nervous for mine next week. Hope you get an offer from Sheffield though!
Original post by sara0928
BIG GOOD LUCK to you for tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes. Stay positive :biggrin:

Thank you!!! :smile:
URGENT: my interview is tomorrow (18th) and I don't have my DBS document! I did email them about it but will it an issue?? Also, will I have to fill out any forms beforehand?? Thank you!!! I'm panicking!
Original post by ehwang98
URGENT: my interview is tomorrow (18th) and I don't have my DBS document! I did email them about it but will it an issue?? Also, will I have to fill out any forms beforehand?? Thank you!!! I'm panicking!

What is the DBS document?
And do we get calculators for the math section? Thank you :smile:
Original post by amarzum
What is the DBS document?

It's the security check thing that you (well I) have to get at the police station :smile: is it not necessary??
Do we need to bring a pen or pencil for the data handling?
Do we need to bring a pen or pencil for the data handling?

Do u know if we have to bring any documents to the interview? :smile: thanks! Idk abt the pen and pencil tho! Sorry abt that :frown:
Do u know if we have to bring any documents to the interview? :smile: thanks! Idk abt the pen and pencil tho! Sorry abt that :frown:

Have to bring 2 forms of ID (there was a list of the ones they accept, basically drivers license and passport though) and GCSE certificates for English, maths and sciences, AS certificates if you have them and A2 and degree certificates if you've already finished these qualifications
the give you the form when you get to the interview, or do you mean your ID documents?
Reply 1272

Hey had my interview yesterday, just take your 2 forms of ID(at least one with a photo) and your GCSE maths, english and science, along with any achieved AS or Alevels. They give you the DBS forms to fill in but you do need the date of your last one, so is useful to take your most recent one with you for reference. And for the maths test, you dont need anything - youre given a pencil, paper and a calculator. Good luck with the interviews:smile:)
Have to bring 2 forms of ID (there was a list of the ones they accept, basically drivers license and passport though) and GCSE certificates for English, maths and sciences, AS certificates if you have them and A2 and degree certificates if you've already finished these qualifications

Original post by Jacqualyn
the give you the form when you get to the interview, or do you mean your ID documents?

Original post by e_f10
Hey had my interview yesterday, just take your 2 forms of ID(at least one with a photo) and your GCSE maths, english and science, along with any achieved AS or Alevels. They give you the DBS forms to fill in but you do need the date of your last one, so is useful to take your most recent one with you for reference. And for the maths test, you dont need anything - youre given a pencil, paper and a calculator. Good luck with the interviews:smile:)

Thank you all so much! Will 1 piece of ID be okay if I lost my wallet and lost all my IDs except my passport? Also, if I am an international student will they still want my school reports? Thank you all for being so nice and helpful!! :smile: It calmed me down tons too!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1274
Thank you all so much! Will 1 piece of ID be okay if I lost my wallet and lost all my IDs except my passport? Also, if I am an international student will they still want my school reports? Thank you all for being so nice and helpful!! :smile: It calmed me down tons too!

Im pretty sure you need two, a birth certificate or payslip or something will do i think:smile: probably yeah, just your equivelent to the qualifications because im sure theyre essential!:smile: ah good im glad!:smile:
So I had my interview today, and I'm pretty sure I just shut the book on the chances of me doing medicine. I hope you guys have better luck
So I had my interview today, and I'm pretty sure I just shut the book on the chances of me doing medicine. I hope you guys have better luck

Aww I'm so sorry :frown: also had my interview today! Hopefully it went better than you think it went!

Oh nooooooo :frown: Why do you think that? you never know! good luck.
Just have a very bad feeling, really don't think I sold myself well enough to be in within a chance unfortunately. I thought the Maths test was my strongest part, it is definitely so much easier than everyone is worrying about. Really straightforward and doable :smile:
Just have a very bad feeling, really don't think I sold myself well enough to be in within a chance unfortunately. I thought the Maths test was my strongest part, it is definitely so much easier than everyone is worrying about. Really straightforward and doable :smile:

Hmmm.. I would still remain positive. You must have been stressed so you may think you did worse than you actually did. At least you have done it now. Mines next week :s-smilie: What did you wear and where did you buy your outfit from? I went shopping today and couldn't find anything decent :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending