The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
At long last, some truth from a Frenchman about which of our two countries is superior to the other. :colone:

Your education system is definitely better !
Original post by childofthesun
Oh god. Reading this brought back Bac S memories :lol:

Wish you all the best with your applications. Bon courage

You have a bac S :3 ?

Merciiii :heart:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn

Yeah, but you use metric units in all aspects of daily life... :drool:
Reply 162
Original post by Hydeman
At long last, some truth from a Frenchman about which of our two countries is superior to the other. :colone:

If you could fix your housing and food problems, your country would be one of the best to live in the world.
Original post by Hydeman
Yeah, but you use metric units in all aspects of daily life... :drool:

Is it that exciting ? :lol:
Reply 164
Original post by Hydeman
Yeah, but you use metric units... :drool:

It's easier to use, I promise.
:lol: Globes are life *O* but I think I wont do other pics lol it would be useless, I think this one was interesting , but that's all :P

It's all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive

:biggrin: :nyan:

You have a bac S :3 ?

Merciiii :heart:

Oui. J'ai eu mon bac l'an dernier.
Oui. J'ai eu mon bac l'an dernier.

T'es française ? Tu étudies quoi maintenant :biggrin: ?
Original post by Josb
If you could fix your housing and food problems, your country would be one of the best to live in the world.

We could conceivably fix the food problems, but housing is likely to get worse -- we don't have a lot of land. :dontknow: In that respect, I think the United States or Canada are miles ahead of us -- you should see how wide American roads are. :moon: I might actually enjoy driving for once if I lived there.

Is it that exciting ? :lol:

Yes! :fuhrer:

I grew up in Saudi Arabia, where they're embarrassingly ahead of the UK in this respect. Then I came back here to find people using grotesque units like pounds and stones and yards. It hurts me. :cry:

Original post by Josb
It's easier to use, I promise.

I know. See above. xD I'll be damned if I ever give my weight in anything other than kilograms.
Original post by Hydeman
We could conceivably fix the food problems, but housing is likely to get worse -- we don't have a lot of land. :dontknow: In that respect, I think the United States or Canada are miles ahead of us -- you should see how wide American roads are. :moon: I might actually enjoy driving for once if I lived there.

Yes! :fuhrer:

I grew up in Saudi Arabia, where they're embarrassingly ahead of the UK in this respect. Then I came back here to find people using grotesque units like pounds and stones and yards. It hurts me. :cry:

I know. See above. xD I'll be damned if I ever give my weight in anything other than kilograms.

HAHAHA ! Sorry but told that way it sounds really funny :lol: I'm sorry you have to go through such units :cry2: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHA ! Sorry but told that way it sounds really funny :lol: I'm sorry you have to go through such units :cry2: :lol: :lol:

Glad I could make you laugh. :h: But this, though...

:cry2: :lol: :lol:

Laughing and crying at the same time -- priceless. :rofl:
T'es française ? Tu étudies quoi maintenant :biggrin: ?

Pas vraiment lol. Je suis allée au lycée français en Côte-d'ivoire

Le droit à Assas
Original post by Hydeman
Glad I could make you laugh. :h: But this, though...

Laughing and crying at the same time -- priceless. :rofl:

What's wrong with it :cry2: you're just jealous because you can't do it :cry2: that's a unicorn thing :cool: :cry2: :lol:

Pas vraiment lol. Je suis allée au lycée français en Côte-d'ivoire

Le droit à Assas

Ah c'est cool ! Du coup tu dois parler plein de langues non :biggrin: ??

Génial ^^ bonne continuation :3
Reply 174
Original post by Hydeman

The housing problem can be explained by the massive speculation from foreign investors, as well as a bit of money laundering and tax avoidance. It struck me last year when some flats in a big building were auctioned in London; they said that many buyers were located in Greece (which was at the climax of their debt crisis...).

Leaving the EU would decrease the prices by 15% in London - I read it somewhere - but the prices could even lower if the government prevented people located abroad from buying housing units in the UK.

There is also an architectural problem, as it seems that you don't build very high, so space is not rationally used.

Original post by Hydeman
I grew up in Saudi Arabia

:eek:

Something's wrong with growing up in Saudi Arabia ?
What's wrong with it :cry2: you're just jealous because you can't do it :cry2: that's a unicorn thing :cool: :cry2: :lol:

Ah c'est cool ! Du coup tu dois parler plein de langues non :biggrin: ??

Génial ^^ bonne continuation :3

Le français est la langue officielle de la Côte-d'Ivoire! Je parle l'arabe aussi ( je suis libanaise)

Merci x
Reply 177
Something's wrong with growing up in Saudi Arabia ?

It doesn't look like a funny place.
Le français est la langue officielle de la Côte-d'Ivoire! Je parle l'arabe aussi ( je suis libanaise)

Merci x

Anglais , français , arabe ! Comme moi :biggrin: ! C'est bien de parler plusieurs langues \o/

Je t'en prie :biggrin:
Original post by Josb
It doesn't look like a funny place.

Idk I never been there.

Quick Reply

Latest