The Student Room Group

Would you ever cheat?

Scroll to see replies

Of course. :biggrin:

Just because I have a nice coffee machine at home doesn't mean I can't get a takeaway cappuccino every now and then. :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hell no. I'd either get into a relationship 110% committed and faithful, or have no relationship at all.
No.Its not something I would ever intend on doing or see myself doing. I would be so disappointed in myself if I ever did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, I exhibit self control and a moral compass and I'm not that selfish.
Reply 25
I'd never cheat and have been in a position to do so more than once, it's called basic empathy.

Original post by SophieSmall
No, I exhibit self control and a moral compass and I'm not that selfish.

I don't remember you making a post that I didn't try to rep.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
I'd never cheat and have been in a position to do so more than once, it's called basic empathy.

Bow down to me peasant.
Reply 27
Original post by SophieSmall
Bow down to me peasant.

I get what you were doing, but I still tried to rep it.
Original post by whorace
I get what you were doing, but I still tried to rep it.

Original post by whorace

Oh but when I talk about morals you call me a prude and on a high horse.
Can't stand you.
Reply 30
Original post by xobeauty
Oh but when I talk about morals you call me a prude and on a high horse.
Can't stand you.

Because you seem to apply it to all sex whereas I recognise betraying someones trust is completely different to mutual sexual pleasure.
Original post by whorace
Because you seem to apply it to all sex whereas I recognise betraying someones trust is completely different to mutual sexual pleasure.

you don't know what you're talking about. But ok.
No, it doesn't even make any sense, if you don't want to be with some-break up, if you do-don't cheat
When you realise 'love' is in essence just a lot of hormones/chemicals does it really matter. Especially if you're not married. We're animals and have animal instincts, sex being one of them. To stay monogamous is great but not exactly how we're meant to be.
Cheating is wrong. Betraying a promise.

But why do we attach so much importance to monogamy?

Open relationships are the future.

Abolishing monogamy will actually save the institution of marriage.
Original post by ABsmazing
When you realise 'love' is in essence just a lot of hormones/chemicals does it really matter. Especially if you're not married. We're animals and have animal instincts, sex being one of them. To stay monogamous is great but not exactly how we're meant to be.

There's nothing wrong with being polyamorous but it's competely unfair and wrong to get into a monogamous relationship, cheat and then claim it's just a part of nature
Original post by Blondie987
There's nothing wrong with being polyamorous but it's competely unfair and wrong to get into a monogamous relationship, cheat and then claim it's just a part of nature

Surely there should have to be an agreement for the relationship to be monogamous, why should I just assume it is.
Reply 37
Original post by xobeauty
you don't know what you're talking about. But ok.

Yeah because this attitude explains to everyone why I think you're a judgemental prude :lol:
Original post by ABsmazing
Surely there should have to be an agreement for the relationship to be monogamous, why should I just assume it is.

Yes, but there also has to be an agreement it be polyamorous, it shouldn't be assumed either way
Original post by Blondie987
Yes, but there also has to be an agreement it be polyamorous, it shouldn't be assumed either way

In that case i've never cheated.

Quick Reply