The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
Oh right I see, well that's convenient. :lol: + Yes, I totally agree. - His videos are amazing. :smile: Is it just me who finds that he talks incredibly slowly though so in order to get engaged you've got to speed it up to at least 1.5 times the original speed?

You are doing OCR aren't you? And yeah some of the stuff I skip the video because he talks slow, but he is really easy to understand at the same time.
Night all
Original post by Anon_98
I'm on video 40/41. :woo: Which means I'm almost, almossttttt done with Stats. I completed everything on Normal distribution + pmcc in that last block and have just got a little bit of regression to finish off then I'll be done. I'll do this in the next block at 11:00pm and then should also have quite a bit of time to complete and mark a past paper.

Are you doing like all the questions in the S1 Edexcel textbook?
Reply 2022
Original post by GamingandMaths
You are doing OCR aren't you? And yeah some of the stuff I skip the video because he talks slow, but he is really easy to understand at the same time.
Night all

Nope, Edexcel aha. :smile: Goodnight!
Original post by Anon_98
Nope, Edexcel aha. :smile: Goodnight!

I'll be sure to let you know how the revision goes!
Reply 2024
Original post by KINGYusuf
Are you doing like all the questions in the S1 Edexcel textbook?

Nope, I'm re-doing all the questions that I have in my notes!.. which tbf does include quite a lot of questions from the S1 Edexcel textbook. I think if I did all of those from the book however, then it'd get really repetitive + boring.- My time would be better spent doing past papers to see where my weaknesses lie etc (once I've got a good grasp of the concepts, ofc) as I don't think there'd be a huge point in repeating something several times if I feel I can easily complete it.
Reply 2025
Original post by GamingandMaths
I'll be sure to let you know how the revision goes!

Yes, please do! :h:
Reply 2026
:work: 11:00pm.:work:
~Logging out time!~

Finish off regression then S1 past paper.
Original post by Anon_98
Nope, I'm re-doing all the questions that I have in my notes!.. which tbf does include quite a lot of questions from the S1 Edexcel textbook. I think if I did all of those from the book however, then it'd get really repetitive + boring.- My time would be better spent doing past papers to see where my weaknesses lie etc (once I've got a good grasp of the concepts, ofc) as I don't think there'd be a huge point in repeating something several times if I feel I can easily complete it.

PM me your AS grades bro :smile:
Reply 2028
Original post by KINGYusuf
PM me your AS grades bro :smile:

Done. :smile:
Reply 2029
I ended up starting at 12:25am rather than 11:00pm bc I got a bit distracted and couldn't find the formulaaaaa sheet anywhere but I eventually managed to locate it and I'm currently working my way through the Jan 2010 paper. - Will be finished soon.
Original post by Anon_98
I ended up starting at 12:25am rather than 11:00pm bc I got a bit distracted and couldn't find the formulaaaaa sheet anywhere but I eventually managed to locate it and I'm currently working my way through the Jan 2010 paper. - Will be finished soon.

Another person up late haha. I always procrastinate for ages and then end up trying to do the revision way too late.

How are you finding the papers (presume its maths)?

Today I went to an english seminar and saw 4 hour long lectures on preparing for the english exam.

Then I went home and had a biology session where I finally learnt the light independant stage which I need to write notes for tomorrow.

I also did a C3 paper which I just finished marking. Got 46/67 (we've not been taught the whole course).

It's my best score too date! I did make some silly mistakes so i'm pleased, very close to a B now and just got a uni offer giving me some much needed motivation!

I acutally thought I hadn't got much done today but when I consider that I was at english lectures from 11-3:30 I'm happy with what I've done.

Tomorrow I will catch up on correlation in the morning with a tutor as I missed the lessons. Then I will write up notes on photosynthesis and maybe do a C2 paper. Also, I hope to get my english mock back not that it went brilliantly. :smile:
Reply 2031
:work: 1:00am.:work:
~Logging out time!~

10 minutes behind! - oops. Okay, finish off this paper. :smile: Then I'm not sure what else I'm going to do.. I'm not even tired so sleeping isn't an option. Hmm..
Original post by Chaz W
-

Original post by Anon_98
-

Funny you should mention that, right before reading this I was drinking some and it ended up giving me some energy but then after 5 minutes I was so dopey and could barely keep my eyes open.

I washed my face with cold water which seemed to help a bit. I also found drinking water helps too.

I'll also try catchup on lost sleep during the easter holidays (while still doing work :s-smilie:) hopefully that will reboost my body's system as it can be pretty annoying when you want to revise and have the motivation to do so but feel too tired physically if you know what I mean
Reply 2033
Yay, I just marked the S1 Jan 2010 paper and I got 75/75. :awesome:
Reply 2034
Original post by Excuse Me!
Another person up late haha. I always procrastinate for ages and then end up trying to do the revision way too late.

Hello. XD I'm usually asleep by now tbh. (Or at least have been for this past week) but I'm not tired so wahay. :nutcase:

How are you finding the papers (presume its maths)?

Hmm.. well, C1 and S1 seem to be okay. C2 is annoying bc I keep making silly mistakes. C3, I can't remember bc the last time I did one was a very long time ago.- I should probably start doing them seeing as I've been through the videos/made notes + stuff. C4, same as C3 and we haven't finished the module yet either. - Will probably find it really difficult though. S2, same as C3 + C4. >.<

Yourself?

Today I went to an english seminar and saw 4 hour long lectures on preparing for the english exam.

Aw, that sounds really beneficial + pretty fun! Was it good? :h:

Then I went home and had a biology session where I finally learnt the light independant stage which I need to write notes for tomorrow.

I also did a C3 paper which I just finished marking. Got 46/67 (we've not been taught the whole course).

It's my best score too date! I did make some silly mistakes so i'm pleased, very close to a B now and just got a uni offer giving me some much needed motivation!

Oh cool + well done on your paper!! - considering you haven't finished learning it yet, that's even more fab. :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer too! :party:

I acutally thought I hadn't got much done today but when I consider that I was at english lectures from 11-3:30 I'm happy with what I've done.

Tomorrow I will catch up on correlation in the morning with a tutor as I missed the lessons. Then I will write up notes on photosynthesis and maybe do a C2 paper. Also, I hope to get my english mock back not that it went brilliantly. :smile:

Ah well, I'm sure you did better than you thought! and if not then it means you'll learn from your mistakes + (hopefully) won't make the same ones in the real exam. They don't count for much anyway, if it's of any reassurance my latest ones were awful and so I'm just using them as motivation. :smile:
Reply 2035
Original post by GarlicBread01
Funny you should mention that, right before reading this I was drinking some and it ended up giving me some energy but then after 5 minutes I was so dopey and could barely keep my eyes open.

I washed my face with cold water which seemed to help a bit. I also found drinking water helps too.

I'll also try catchup on lost sleep during the easter holidays (while still doing work :s-smilie:) hopefully that will reboost my body's system as it can be pretty annoying when you want to revise and have the motivation to do so but feel too tired physically if you know what I mean

Oh no. :console:

Yepp, water is the besttt. <3

Sounds good + yes, I know exactly what you mean. - It's a v, v annoying feeling. :biggrin:
Yeah I just want to cry- statistics is so hard 😂😠

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2037
I got home just over half an hour ago now, and I've had lunch + stuff so I'll start with a past paper in the block at 3:00pm.
Reply 2038
:work: 3:00pm.:work:
~Logging out time!~

Uh.. half an hour behind but about to do an S1 paper.
@Anon_98 how do u stay motivated??????? It's ridiculous..

Going to try and revise until 10.. :'()

Latest

Trending

Trending