The Student Room Group

I'm more than just a number - Story of a french med student who failed and raised up

Scroll to see replies

Original post by childofthesun
Hahahhah :lol: lebanese girls' egos are already big enough!

I don't mind a big ego so long as they check most of the other boxes (especially the most important box :colone:).
Original post by Hydeman
I don't mind a big ego so long as they check most of the other boxes (especially the most important box :colone:).

And what is that?
Original post by childofthesun
And what is that?

Guess, my child, guess. :colone:
(edited 8 years ago)
Failure should never be seen as a bad things. The greatest heros humanity has conjured up such as hercules went through madness failure and misery but redeemed himself through countless trails to god hood. People these days are so hard programmed to not even think of other people who messed up and just call them numbers as you said or mock them such as those who make fun of people who do btech. We should always be aware of tradgey and have empathy with the person and hope they have the strength to walk their path with righteousness and hope. Good luck op im sure you will do great in life and so do many others in this thread and world.
Original post by Hydeman
Guess, my child, guess. :colone:

I saw it xD
Original post by Lawbringer
Failure should never be seen as a bad things. The greatest heros humanity has conjured up such as hercules went through madness failure and misery but redeemed himself through countless trails to god hood. People these days are so hard programmed to not even think of other people who messed up and just call them numbers as you said or mock them such as those who make fun of people who do btech. We should always be aware of tradgey and have empathy with the person and hope they have the strength to walk their path with righteousness and hope. Good luck op im sure you will do great in life and so do many others in this thread and world.

I'm really touched :cry2: thanks for believing in me my friend , even If you don't even know who I am , or the whole story. It means a lot. Really. :heart:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I saw it xD

It was a joke. :emo:

I am sad. :emo:
Original post by Hydeman
It was a joke. :emo:

I am sad. :emo:

Bien sûr .. *just kidding*

Why that ?
Bien sûr .. *just kidding*

Why that ?

I'm not really, I'm just horsing around. :3

:horse:

Spoiler

I saw it xD

I'm really touched :cry2: thanks for believing in me my friend , even If you don't even know who I am , or the whole story. It means a lot. Really. :heart:

No problem good luck in your future course here. Im sure you will enjoy it.
Original post by Hydeman
I'm not really, I'm just horsing around. :3

:horse:

Spoiler

Tsss that's for the weak. Unicorning is better :cool: -> :cry2: :lol:
No problem good luck in your future course here. Im sure you will enjoy it.

I wish you all the best in life too :h:
And I want you to know that people like you help me get through my failure :h:

:cry2: :lol:

See, I've stolen your trademarked unicorning. :devil:
Original post by Hydeman
:cry2: :lol:

See, I've stolen your trademarked unicorning. :devil:

GOD ! Give it back :O ! Or I'm gonna cry ! -just cry not laugh- your mum never told you to never make a unicorn cry :cry2: ?
GOD ! Give it back :O ! Or I'm gonna cry ! -just cry not laugh- your mum never told you to never make a unicorn cry :cry2: ?

Grr, alright, here you go: *hands back :cry2: :lol:*

:tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Grr, alright, here you go: *hands back :cry2: :lol:*

:tongue:

YAY ! Idk what to do now :O I can't do unicorning because it includes cries :O
I KNOW

Nyaning.

:nyan:

*this conversation is a bit creepy*

I wish you all the best in life too :h:
And I want you to know that people like you help me get through my failure :h:

No problem. We all fail at one point. Some early others later. My cousin from USA, both of us being from afghan origin, found school easy but his 1st year at MIT crushed him. Like you wouldn't believe. He pushed though and eventually destoryed his exams in 3rd and 4th yr. You may not do it right the first time but eventually you will.
*this conversation is a bit creepy*

How so? :K:
Original post by Josb
I dropped out twice in the French system, but got a PhD offer from Oxford. It tells everything.

It's not only Medicine studies, the whole system is twisted, from BA to PhD, from professional courses to Literature, from Community Colleges to ENA.

Original post by Hydeman
At long last, some truth from a Frenchman about which of our two countries is superior to the other. :colone:

Indeed, the academic system as a whole is much better north of the English channel :wink: I'm glad I had the good sense to droup out of Prépa early and go to UCL instead - so many more opportunities to be had there!
No problem. We all fail at one point. Some early others later. My cousin from USA, both of us being from afghan origin, found school easy but his 1st year at MIT crushed him. Like you wouldn't believe. He pushed though and eventually destoryed his exams in 3rd and 4th yr. You may not do it right the first time but eventually you will.

I'm sorry for your cousin, but I do believe in him :h: because people who fail know so muuuuch after that... I can't explain ; but I'm pretty sure failure is kinda a victory. Getting up is beautiful !

I know a guy , who failed medicine twice in France when he was 18-19 ; je went abroad , and became a great person. He's 27 now and he's moving for California soon , as a great surgeon. I hope I'll become as amazing as him :'D
Original post by Hydeman
How so? :K:

Unicorn weird stuff :lol: (maybe creepy was not the right word ? I'm Sorry If it was not I was thinking about a french word haha)
I'm sorry for your cousin, but I do believe in him :h: because people who fail know so muuuuch after that... I can't explain ; but I'm pretty sure failure is kinda a victory. Getting up is beautiful !

I know a guy , who failed medicine twice in France when he was 18-19 ; je went abroad , and became a great person. He's 27 now and he's moving for California soon , as a great surgeon. I hope I'll become as amazing as him :'D

Oh hmmm i meant my cousin did amazing in his final years lol. I wrote destroyed but as yi meant it in a way that he did really well. Yep he got back up.
And yeah MIT is another world to even most students on here.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest