The Student Room Group

Is my CV good enough?

I made my cv but i don't think it's good enough, i'm 16 and in 6th form looking for a job. Is there any improvements you would make? i have included my covering letter as well as i know that's just as important
(edited 8 years ago)
-Add your details at the top of the cv: email address and telephone number

-I wouldn't detail your GCSE grades like that but say however many GCSEs you have between A*-C

-Try to give more specific examples proving you have the qualities you're mentioning.

-Try to avoid paragraphs as they make it harder to read. Go with bullet points. Add your a levels under education so it's more organised and easier to see.

-I'd suggest you get rid of the paragraph of working in a team under the interests category. It doesn't really add anything.

I'm no expert but start with that and wait for feedback from other users here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
-Add your details at the top of the cv: email address and telephone number

-I wouldn't detail your GCSE grades like that but say however many GCSEs you have between A*-C

-Try to give more specific examples proving you have the qualities you're mentioning.

-Try to avoid paragraphs as they make it harder to read. Go with bullet points. Add your a levels under education so it's more organised and easier to see.

-I'd suggest you get rid of the paragraph of working in a team under the interests category. It doesn't really add anything.

I'm no expert but start with that and wait for feedback from other users here.

Thank you! I will make them changes, I do have my details on the original at the top but I'm obviously not going to put my address and phone number on this forum
Original post by Ryan_thomson1
I made my cv but i don't think it's good enough, i'm 16 and in 6th form looking for a job. Is there any improvements you would make? i have included my covering letter as well as i know that's just as important

I'd urge you to use a template for your CV. It looks very much all over the place at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending