The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Sparta Prague - currently 2nd in Czech league
Borussia Dortmund - currently 2nd in German league and thrashed Spurs 5-1 over 2 legs
Braga - 4th in Portugese league and some 17 points behind the leaders
Athletic Bilbao - 6th in La Liga
Sevilla - 5th in La Liga and won the EL for the last 2 years
Villarreal - 4th in La Liga
Shakhtar Donetsk - 2nd in Ukraine league although I think they lost a number of their best players recently

Lot of decent sides in there..

Dortmund and us seemed destined to meet, but I hope it's in the final four or even the final. We need to avoid Aubameyang for as long as possible. 35 goals this campaign. Christ.

Sparta Prague were exceptional by all accounts last night. They didn't have the initiative after the first leg, but were systematically brilliant according to reports. I'd probably opt for them or Braga, if given the choice.

Sevilla have EL experience and will be troublesome, as will Athletic and Villarreal.
Jordan Williams, what an idiot :facepalm:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Indeed. He may very well have been hacked, or had it posted by a mate thinking he was funny, but it's hard to imagine him getting away without punishment here.

How to end any hope of a Liverpool career in one quick step
Original post by Mackay
Dortmund and us seemed destined to meet, but I hope it's in the final four or even the final. We need to avoid Aubameyang for as long as possible. 35 goals this campaign. Christ.

Sparta Prague were exceptional by all accounts last night. They didn't have the initiative after the first leg, but were systematically brilliant according to reports. I'd probably opt for them or Braga, if given the choice.

Sevilla have EL experience and will be troublesome, as will Athletic and Villarreal.

I'd happily get an easy route to the final if possible..

April is going to be a tough month. We're already up to 8 games (and will be 9 if we progress to the EL semi-finals).
I'd happily get an easy route to the final if possible..

Braga first, then.

Really hope we get far in this. European success and a decent run will fill our lads with experience.
Original post by Mackay
Braga first, then.

Really hope we get far in this. European success and a decent run will fill our lads with experience.

Do you think we should just focus on the EL now? There would only be 5 games left (and you would only need to win potentially 3 of those).

It's tough because I keep hopefully looking at the Premier League table and wondering if there's any way we could sneak 4th (7 and 8 points behind Man City and Arsenal with a game in hand..)
Do you think we should just focus on the EL now? There would only be 5 games left (and you would only need to win potentially 3 of those).

It's tough because I keep hopefully looking at the Premier League table and wondering if there's any way we could sneak 4th (7 and 8 points behind Man City and Arsenal with a game in hand..)

I think a City win this weekend would probably push top four out of our reach. We should just be taking every game one game at a time, focusing on it and performing to our optimum. With our confidence and momentum right now, anything's possible. Klopp's brought the enjoyment factor back. Let's not think too far ahead.
Original post by Mackay
I think a City win this weekend would probably push top four out of our reach. We should just be taking every game one game at a time, focusing on it and performing to our optimum. With our confidence and momentum right now, anything's possible. Klopp's brought the enjoyment factor back. Let's not think too far ahead.

Yea I think I've just convinced myself that Man City/Utd are going to draw this weekend :colondollar:
You are right though, if City win and if we don't get a result against Southampton, it again wrecks any slimmer of hope to progress up the league table.

Klopp's enthusiasm is infectious even watching/listening to him from afar as a supporter. Must be doing wonders to the players at the club.

Bit nervous about this draw now..
Jordan Williams should be sacked. Can't have that behaviour at our club. Hacked or not hacked.
Yea I think I've just convinced myself that Man City/Utd are going to draw this weekend :colondollar:
You are right though, if City win and if we don't get a result against Southampton, it again wrecks any slimmer of hope to progress up the league table.

Klopp's enthusiasm is infectious even watching/listening to him from afar as a supporter. Must be doing wonders to the players at the club.

Bit nervous about this draw now..

His celebrations make me so happy.
How come United not being charged for their chants too? Both clearly did it, both should face the consequences.

I genuinely think they will, both clubs are misfiring at the moment.
Dortmond it is then.
Dortmund!!!

Away first leg.
If I can't get an away ticket I'm buying a Dortmund shirt and going in the Südtribüne, I am going to that match.
Reply 5596
Well it was fun while it lasted.
Could've done without that tbh. Shame we didn't meet them in the final four, or even the final.
Mixed feelings about Dortmund,

The football and atmosphere will be amazing; a real treat for any fan. However they're definitely a superior team to us right now so I feel like this is where our EL run ends.

That being said, nothing is impossible and it's not like we're against Barcelona. We're against Klopp's old team so he'll want to win more than anybody else.

First leg is away which I like. I'm fine with a small-margin defeat but we NEED to score at their place. United are an example of how difficult it can get if you fail to net an away goal.
If I can't get an away ticket I'm buying a Dortmund shirt and going in the Südtribüne, I am going to that match.

You'll probably find it harder to get a ticket in the Südtribüne than in your own end tbh.

But don't buy a Dortmund shirt whatever you do. They're a good club but your opponents after all.

Also, if you want to go, book your flight in the next couple of hours. The flights straight to Dortmund quickly become the dearest, but Düsseldorf and Cologne aren't far away either and will catch up in terms of price.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest