The Student Room Group

Cardiff vs. Manchester

I want to study pharmacy at uni I have an offer from manchester and have just had my interview at cardiff. I am not sure which uni to pick can anybody help?
Original post by bellacutie
I want to study pharmacy at uni I have an offer from manchester and have just had my interview at cardiff. I am not sure which uni to pick can anybody help?

What do you want from a uni? where do you live now? do you want to be far from home or close to home?
Reply 2
Original post by KyleH123
What do you want from a uni? where do you live now? do you want to be far from home or close to home?

I live in Salisbury I have no problem with being far from home. My boyfriend however has applied to Nottingham so that puts some favour on Manchester. Out of my uni I want a good degree, a good social life, a good metal music scene and accomodation which is close by,
I live in Salisbury I have no problem with being far from home. My boyfriend however has applied to Nottingham so that puts some favour on Manchester. Out of my uni I want a good degree, a good social life, a good metal music scene and accomodation which is close by,

i live in cardiff and cardiff meets that criteria.
Manchester. You will be close to your boyfriend and still have all that you have written and more.

Hey, unrelated but I'm 99% sure I spoke to you on the interview day at Cardiff (I was the girl from Cardiff wearing a headscarf!)

Just from rankings for the school and it's research (which is important as you'll be doing a masters project) Cardiff beats Manchester on those points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Hey, unrelated but I'm 99% sure I spoke to you on the interview day at Cardiff (I was the girl from Cardiff wearing a headscarf!)

Just from rankings for the school and it's research (which is important as you'll be doing a masters project) Cardiff beats Manchester on those points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah, whats it like living in cardiff?
Really nice atmosphere! There's plenty of shopping, restaurants and cinemas, we have loads of fun stuff to do in and close to Cardiff (mini-golf, arcades, concerts, go-air, bowling, beaches, etc.). If you're into sports, there's loads of local gyms and Cardiff uni has a bunch of sports clubs.

As for living costs, it's pretty cheap compared to the big cities in England and we have buses and trains going through out the city and surrounding areas. There's a bunch of budget supermarkets that are great for students (home bargains, Aldi, lidl).

I'm not very familiar with the clubs and drinking in Cardiff (cause I don't drink) but my friends say it's really fun and that there's a good selection of places to go to!

Wales in general is really pretty and there's loads of parks, my favourite (although I'm biased cause I grew up going there) is Roath park - it has a lake that you can row on.

The people are really friendly and helpful here so if you ever find yourself lost/in need of general help it's really easy to find a solution. So yeah, I think a lot of people over-look us in Cardiff because it is in Wales but there's loads you can do and it's a really nice place to live.

It's big enough as a city so there's plenty to do but not so big that you'd feel overwhelmed :smile:
Reply 8
I'm in the exact same position right now between (cardiff and manchester) and I'm just wondering what did you end up doing and how do you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending