The Student Room Group

need help from bad mock results

Hi,

I really need all A's at a level, im currently in year12 and in my mocks which I did last week I failed physics and biology and got an A in maths so that isn't of concern. I am also doing history but it is physics and biology I need serious help in because I don't know how to turn it around in a few months time to get the results to go to the uni I want to go to.

Please help
Original post by poppyrobbins
Hi,

I really need all A's at a level, im currently in year12 and in my mocks which I did last week I failed physics and biology and got an A in maths so that isn't of concern. I am also doing history but it is physics and biology I need serious help in because I don't know how to turn it around in a few months time to get the results to go to the uni I want to go to.

Please help

It's best to address why you think you may have failed. Did you put as much effort into them as you could have? Did you do past papers? Were there concepts you couldn't quite grasp and need to work on? Identifying your weaknesses means you can tailor your revision in a way that best deals with them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
for physics its best to do practice papers but make sure you understand the basics first
biology is best to make notes then lots of papers
Reply 3
Did your ISA count towards your mock grade? That's the reason a lot of people tank on their mock grades
Hi,

Please help

why do you 'need' all A's?
Original post by richpanda

Could be a multitude of reasons. Applying to top universities, wants good momentum going in to Y13
Original post by richpanda

for the unis i want to go to those are the grades required
Hi,

Please help

Literally everyone in year 12 does terrible in mocks unless theyre cheating or retaking! Do not get demotivated! Have you looked at your revision strategy? Do you think you deserved a better grade?

Quick Reply

Latest