The Student Room Group

Can I do an engineering degree without physics?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juichiro
Unnecessarily rude. You are lucky red rep was abolished.

Oh my, forum death threats :rolleyes:
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Umm this is different because he was talking about the work that's done during an engineering degree. I'm doing an engineering degree and he's in high school. I obviously have authority to speak on the subject.

That's like a gcse student telling you that A level maths is easier than additional mathematics when they haven't taken any a levels as yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except the GCSE student is studying the A levels as well...

Anyway I'll let you feed your ego. Have the final word if it would so please you
Original post by Student403
Except the GCSE student is studying the A levels as well...

Anyway I'll let you feed your ego. Have the final word if it would so please you

You see how it feels when you're at uni speaking from experience and someone younger wants to tell you otherwise. I used to be like you.
Oh my, forum death threats :rolleyes:

It's a rep threat. :redface: People here live and die by reputation. Ask isa.
Not necessarily + it's unstable + there are initiatives to move away from the dependence on oil and gas.

Oil will rebound that is indisputable, a sentiment shared by the top analysts (the number they put on it is 2018) also petroleum is intrinsically linked to global economy.

Initiatives to move away from oil and gas? Cool, tell that to the emerging markets if we move away from oil and gas, Oil will still be extracted at equivalent or greater rates just instead of domestic use it will be exported to the burgeoning economies of the indias and chinas of the world at premium rates.

Also totally ignoring the transferable skills acquired from any engineering discipline. I personally advise against PetE because its too niche but current oil prices mean nothing at all to students who will be graduating in 2019.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oilfreak1
Oil will rebound that is indisputable, a sentiment shared by the top analysts (the number they put on it is 2018) also petroleum is intrinsically linked to global economy.

Initiatives to move away from oil and gas? Cool, tell that to the emerging markets if we move away from oil and gas, Oil will still be extracted at equivalent or greater rates just instead of domestic use it will be exported to the burgeoning economies of the indias and chinas of the world at premium rates.

Also totally ignoring the transferable skills acquired from any engineering discipline. I personally advise against PetE because its too niche but current oil prices mean nothing at all to students who will be graduating in 2019.

I'd like to think that oil has a **** ton more uses than just a fuel lol. So that guy is probably wrong in that regard.
Original post by Lawbringer
I'd like to think that oil has a **** ton more uses than just a fuel lol. So that guy is probably wrong in that regard.

yeah he's wrong in several regards lol (I should have looked at his other posts before replying tbh).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending