The Student Room Group

How am I NOT meant to feel ugly after over 10 rejections from men?

I put my feelings out there but they never get returned. And I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my mid 20s... I feel as though I will die alone and I don't think I can take a life alone I know it sound dramatic but I will most likely kill myself if I get to 30 and things are still the same. I'm too ugly for a man even to touch let alone to want to stay with. No amount of personality will ever make up for it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I put my feelings out there but they never get returned. And I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my mid 20s... I feel as though I will die alone and I don't think I can take a life alone I know it sound dramatic but I will most likely kill myself if I get to 30 and things are still the same. I'm too ugly for a man even to touch let alone to want to stay with. No amount of personality will ever make up for it.

7.125 billion (2013) people in the world / 2 = 3.5625 billion men in the world - 10 you
asked = 3565250000-10= 3 = 356249990 men out there.

Still hope, just keep searching! :smile:

Go out live life and eventually you will find the one, just be happy and be happy with yourself too, feel free to talk to me if you want :smile:
Message me and I'll send you a link to my blog or give you my email.
( I used to think that boys/men were important but when i found acting i feel as if i could never be with someone and still be happy. )
Maybe it's just your area. Seriously you could be seen as the best damn thingy around town in another city, country or continent
For every 10 rejections men give you there will be 10 who see you just silently begging inside them that you will notice them.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
7.125 billion (2013) people in the world / 2 = 3.5625 billion men in the world - 10 you

Subtract the old guys and the youngsters lol :smile:
Stop looking for it. Once you start focusing on yourself (love yourself, be happy), the puzzles will naturally fall in place.
Reply 7

Not really, you forgot to factor how many are 19-30, how many are not convicts, how many live within her proximity (Over 1.2 billion people live in China and India each, by your simple metric that's 1 billion men off the cards, 500 million off the cards in Africa, 300 million South America) Ygm?
Original post by whorace
Not really, you forgot to factor how many are 19-30, how many are not convicts, how many live within her proximity (Over 1.2 billion people live in China and India each, by your simple metric that's 1 billion men off the cards, 500 million off the cards in Africa, 300 million South America) Ygm?

Such a pessimist!
Theres someone for everyone. ive known a few gilrs like that, absolutely convinced they had no chance. Several years later they are both married and with a family.
Hang in there, focus on yourself doing what you enjoy plus being happy and confident.

I dont know what you mean by rejected, but maybe discuss with others ways you cna improve your chances. better networking, better flirting, not trying too hard, not being desperate, picking the right tragets etc.
Reply 10
Original post by ODES_PDES
Such a pessimist!

I prefer realist, i'm not the type to suggest sitting back doing nothing and moaning but let's have the facts straight.
10 rejections??? You on a roll babe!! Lol
And work on you - someone will come x
You have so much to live for besides finding a guy!! I can assure you, you are NOT ugly, honestly in the grand scheme of things, asking 10 people is such a small figure, think about how many times a week people go out just to get a ons and get rejected, hundreds and you've asked a few guys if they want a relationship, which a lot of guys don't want with anyone at such a young age. You will frog girly find someone who loves and respects you for who you are, never give up hope but don't put pressure on yourself, there's so much more to life!
Reply 13
It might work better to ask less people out as well, idk about anyone else but if I found out the girl who was interested in me also asked 9 other people out recently it wouldn't make me feel good about you.
Original post by whorace
It might work better to ask less people out as well, idk about anyone else but if I found out the girl who was interested in me also asked 9 other people out recently it wouldn't make me feel good about you.

Well, actually this is over the course of 7 years :tongue: So I don't think anyone knows but me.
Original post by Blondie987
You have so much to live for besides finding a guy!! I can assure you, you are NOT ugly, honestly in the grand scheme of things, asking 10 people is such a small figure, think about how many times a week people go out just to get a ons and get rejected, hundreds and you've asked a few guys if they want a relationship, which a lot of guys don't want with anyone at such a young age. You will frog girly find someone who loves and respects you for who you are, never give up hope but don't put pressure on yourself, there's so much more to life!

Ah thanks you're so kind :h: I suppose 10 is actually a small number in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately I don't meet many guys over the age of 21 which is a problem :frown: I'm thinking of going online to increase my dating pool as everyone only seems interested in hooking up where I am.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Stop looking for it. Once you start focusing on yourself (love yourself, be happy), the puzzles will naturally fall in place.

I agree about loving myself that's a really important thing. However I don't agree in being inactive that's what gets you to your 30s and even 40s as a single virgin haha. Plus there's plenty of people who don't love themselves but are all loved up.
Ah thanks you're so kind :h: I suppose 10 is actually a small number in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately I don't meet many guys over the age of 21 which is a problem :frown: I'm thinking of going online to increase my dating pool as everyone only seems interested in hooking up where I am.

Well definitelydon't give up hope, I've seen people in much more dire situations who are now in happy relationships, going online might be a good idea too, might as well give it a go, good luck! :biggrin:
OP chin up and listen to Legendary Quest.

Original post by Legendary Quest

Damn.

I have no hope after reading this math lol

Original post by Shygirl007
Maybe it's just your area. Seriously you could be seen as the best damn thingy around town in another city, country or continent

I know what you meant because there's this lie that your "soulmate" is "within 2 mile radius of you." But that could just be a racial supremacy ideology. Or inbreeding. But "another continent" something about that sounded funny, like "you're ****ed here, babe, so try Africa. :yy:." :rofl:
I agree about loving myself that's a really important thing. However I don't agree in being inactive that's what gets you to your 30s and even 40s as a single virgin haha. Plus there's plenty of people who don't love themselves but are all loved up.

What is it that makes you think you're ugly? :s-smilie: I guarantee unless you look like Hell Boy you'll be found attractive to someone. Definitely listen to Legendary on this thread and just live your life, and you'll encounter better suitors.

If you think it's your looks, then give yourself a makeover but don't forget to be a good person still.

Quick Reply

Latest