The Student Room Group

Keeping feet flat whilst squatting...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enginerd.
Agree.

Sorry to those who are genuine, but most of the advice is from people I've not seen around the Gym forums, interesting.

>Implying TSR's gym forum is any good

EDIT: I do see the point though, if they're not interested generally, why are they now?
Original post by Harami Salami
>Implying TSR's gym forum is any good

EDIT: I do see the point though, if they're not interested generally, why are they now?

< Implying TSR is a bad fitness forum
Original post by Angry cucumber
< Implying TSR is a bad fitness forum

Original post by Harami Salami
x

Scooby? ok m8
Original post by Angry cucumber
Scooby? ok m8

>2k16 and not recommending skateboard squats
OP; @Biryani007

If you have access to a gym, get two 20/25kg plates and put them on the front of your shoe (your toes) this sounds painful and you are probably thinking its going to break your foot, however it is painless and possibly the best way to fix your problem.

No access to gym; plant your toes underneath a sofa (failing that get someone to stand on your toes) and squat.

This problem is caused by weak glutes, hamstrings and calves. So again if you have have access to the gym i would suggest leg curls, bar thrusts. And without gym things such as hamstring kick backs, calf raises.

Also you probably have a tight squat stance, to fix this, go down into a squat and hold, use your elbows and drive your knees apart. PM me if you want a detailed guide of how to do this or any further help :smile:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Giving some advice on mobility is better than giving no advice :smile: At the very least that will improve. But fair point OP should make an account on Sugden and post videos :colonhash:

I mean yeah, giving general advice is OK but it's barely on topic. I think OP should eat three balanced meals per day and take a vitamin D supplement, but there's a reason I didn't post that in this thread.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone make an account on Sugden.
Original post by TSRFT8
OP; @Biryani007

If you have access to a gym, get two 20/25kg plates and put them on the front of your shoe (your toes) this sounds painful and you are probably thinking its going to break your foot, however it is painless and possibly the best way to fix your problem.

I just spent like 5 minutes trying to find a meme to explain how ****ing ridiculous this advice is without having to type anything, but to no avail. The Billy Madison clip is nowhere near scathing enough. How the **** did you come up with this?? That's a rhetorical question.

No access to gym; plant your toes underneath a sofa (failing that get someone to stand on your toes) and squat.

This is where I'm going to give up quoting your actual words.

This problem is caused by problems that I just made up, so again I would suggest a load of completely moronic exercises that don't make any sense.

:yy::yy:

PM me if you want a detailed guide on how to fix your car by dousing it in kerosene and setting it on fire :smile:

Yeah OP definitely PM this guy :smile: :smile:
Original post by SmashConcept
I just spent like 5 minutes trying to find a meme to explain how ****ing ridiculous this advice is without having to type anything, but to no avail. The Billy Madison clip is nowhere near scathing enough. How the **** did you come up with this?? That's a rhetorical question.

This is where I'm going to give up quoting your actual words.

:yy::yy:

Yeah OP definitely PM this guy :smile: :smile:

Tight hip flexors are the biggest reason for poor squat form and stance. **** off with acting like you know anything about fitness. Oh and leg curls and hip thrusts are pointless, just says it all.
Original post by TSRFT8
Oh and leg curls and hip thrusts are pointless, just says it all.

so wait do people actually think they're not???
I mean yeah, giving general advice is OK but it's barely on topic. I think OP should eat three balanced meals per day and take a vitamin D supplement, but there's a reason I didn't post that in this thread.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone make an account on Sugden.

Most of the thread is on topic...

Do you do this in the other threads too?
so wait do people actually think they're not???

You suggested that she eats 3 meals a day and take vitamin D, because thats definitely going to magically correct form. And well most of the fitness athletes would disagree but what do they know, some kid on TSR says otherwise.
Original post by TSRFT8
This problem is caused by weak glutes, hamstrings and calves.

Explain.

Original post by TSRFT8
Tight hip flexors are the biggest reason for poor squat form and stance.

No.
Original post by Biryani007
Most of the thread is on topic...

Do you do this in the other threads too?

Most of the thread is giving generic advice of varying quality. If you want specific advice then you need to post a video. If not then carry on.

Original post by TSRFT8
You suggested that she eats 3 meals a day and take vitamin D, because thats definitely going to magically correct form. And well most of the fitness athletes would disagree but what do they know, some kid on TSR says otherwise.

You don't even lift.

Quick Reply

Latest