The Student Room Group

VW Scirocco R or Mercedes A Class?

Which of the two would you go for? I'm upgrading my car soon and have decided on one of the two. Not sure which..

Another q, do Mercedes A class cars or similar 3 door cars exist??

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Mercedes A Class.

The question is, who's paying for the insurance? :curious: Roadman. :smug:

Don't forget to sell your old car to me. Thanks.
Original post by Zuki
Which of the two would you go for? I'm upgrading my car soon and have decided on one of the two. Not sure which..

Thanks

A class. No debate.

and yes, BMW 1 Series?
Reply 3
Original post by undercxver
Mercedes A Class.

The question is, who's paying for the insurance? :curious: Roadman. :smug:

Don't forget to sell your old car to me. Thanks.

Insurance is only £154 a month :u: I'm paying 169 (69 :ahee: ) a month rn, so it's affordable :u:

And I'll sell it to you for two potatoes and your friend Bushras hand in marriage :hand:

Original post by Laci Green
A class. No debate.

and yes, BMW 1 Series?

Thanks! Sorry, wasn't clear. I mean the A Class but with 3 doors? All of the ones I have seen thus far are 5 door. I feel like I've seen a Merc A class, or maybe a different class which looks very similar to A but with 3 doors? I hope that makes sense :afraid:
Reply 4
Scirocco.

Obvs. :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Zuki

Thanks

Whichever holds its value best.

Depreciation is an excellent overall indicator.
Original post by Zuki

Thanks

Get a Honda Civic Type R. It has around 300bhp, Its less hurting to your wallet. Needs lesser maintenance and is way more reliable than mercedes A class. It has better interior quality as well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
IF it was me I would be after a Civic Type R or Focus RS. But of those 2 choices, VW, although only just, neither really appeal to me.
Original post by Zuki
Insurance is only £154 a month :u: I'm paying 169 (69 :ahee: ) a month rn, so it's affordable :u:

And I'll sell it to you for two potatoes and your friend Bushras hand in marriage :hand:

No, don't get a car. Not yet anyways. :nah:

I was gonna sell my weave for 2p so I can buy your car.

If you really need to get a new car, listen to the people below. Honda Civic Type R are sick and affordable. :h:

Original post by Azhar Rana
Get a Honda Civic Type R. It has around 300bhp, Its less hurting to your wallet. Needs lesser maintenance and is way more reliable than mercedes A class. It has better interior quality as well.

Original post by dhr90
IF it was me I would be after a Civic Type R or Focus RS. But of those 2 choices, VW, although only just, neither really appeal to me.
Original post by dhr90

Ford Focus RS is beasty, I 've heard that it makes 350 bhp :colondollar:.
Id go for Scirocco R, thats a beast engine, a class are ugly and too expensive in my opinion, vw looks good
If you're definitely only going for one of those two (and not considering anything else) then, without a doubt, I vote for Scirocco :wink:
definitely the mercedes A class ! They are amazing little cars :smile:
If its one of those two it would be the Mercedes but only the AMG version. If not then the scirocco.
Another option would be the MazdaSport 3 or the Honda Civic Type R. Both great cars (im a Mazda fanboy) and both are extrmely reliable.
Scirocco in matte grey with black details lol
Reply 15
Scirocco R. Cracking car and good value on the secondhand market. The A Class is full of cheap rattly plastics.
Scirocco R, Never had a shot in one but if it drives anything like the golf R then they are absolutely cracking.
Are we talking of a Mercedes A45 AMG here or lesser models?

Personally the Scirocco R isn't really that fantastic a car, nice looking car but that's about it.

If the budget can stretch to it then the A45 is where I'd put money at, seriously one fine car to have just rather expensive.

Original post by CAElite
Scirocco R, Never had a shot in one but if it drives anything like the golf R then they are absolutely cracking.

It is nothing like the Golf R, this one is FWD only and slightly less powerful than the Golf R.
White Sciroccos look awesome and you can't go far wrong with a VW.
Scirocco R in midnight blue - VWs are always very reliable cars I've found. Also a decent 3 door is Golf GTI or Audi S3

Quick Reply

Latest