The Student Room Group

LSE vs. CASS for Marketing/Communications

Hi everyone,

Currently have offers at LSE for MSc in Media & Communications and at Cass Business School for MSc Marketing, Strategy & Innovation.

I have a background in PR that I was just looking to build on with the potential to jump into marketing. I know LSE is obviously the more highly regarded uni, but is it the better choice for a career in marketing and communications? Or is it better to stick with a "business" school?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Original post by jordanmaahs

Ask your contacts in PR. Look up LinkedIn profiles and see where people have quals from. Look at the DLHE data for the courses and see where graduates have gone on to work. Look at the profiles of academics - where have they worked in the real world? Don't expect well substantiated responses in a random internet site!
Original post by jordanmaahs
Hi everyone,

Currently have offers at LSE for MSc in Media & Communications and at Cass Business School for MSc Marketing, Strategy & Innovation.

I have a background in PR that I was just looking to build on with the potential to jump into marketing. I know LSE is obviously the more highly regarded uni, but is it the better choice for a career in marketing and communications? Or is it better to stick with a "business" school?

Any advice is much appreciated.

CASS. Their course involves practical projects, which will boost your applications/interviews for marketing roles. At LSE you'll be doing nothing but theory (and it's all media rather than marketing theory) and so it'll set you up for PR/media relations/journalism rather than marketing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending