The Student Room Group

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Truths
That's the thing tho. He's not making millions of her. So long as she refuses to release music he will not make a penny. It's clearly a control thing for Dr. Luke. It's out of spite.

And Dr. Luke is not innocent. He may not be guilty of rape, but he certainly isn't innocent.
What I believe is, is that if someone is at war with you and it's affecting your finances and livelihood than all is fair that comes out of your war chest.

You need to understand that it's a different game for celebrities. If it was any pedestrian case, it would definitely be too much. But if Dr Luke didn't do it, the chances of him seeing an indictment is zero. The worst that will come out of it is that his reputation is ruined, it will affect future business endeavours, but he's not gonna go broke like Kesha. She could end his career tomo and still be sitting on his millions.

Why is he not innocent? There isn't a shred of evidence against him and kesha has already said under oath that it didn't happen.

Being famous doesn't save you from being indicted for a crime you didn't commit, just ask OJ Simpson

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently he's going. I'm guessing this entire issue is all sorted now? Apart from the rape allegations, surely she'd maintain his guilt.
Reply 342
Original post by Craig1998
Apparently he's going. I'm guessing this entire issue is all sorted now? Apart from the rape allegations, surely she'd maintain his guilt.

Good luck to any men out there who has a woman make a false rape allegation against him, all this proves is that all a woman has to do is make a false accusation and have a feminist mob at her back in order to potentially destroy a men's career and life. A very bad indication of the future of any business and also a very silly decision from Sony if true.

“Somebody has been convicted via Twitter,” a second individual close to the decision said of Luke and the outcry over unsubstantiated accusations. “No court has convicted this person, so there may not be any legal basis to terminate an agreement. It would have to be mutual.”

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-to-drop-dr-luke-amid-public-pressure-over-kesha-internal-headaches-exclusive/

Looks like feminists want twitter to be the new court of law, sick!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Craig1998

That will just result in either another court case or a big out of court settlement to break an existing contract with Sony.
I hope if it is true dr Luke gets paid.

It is disgraceful that today a mans life can be destroyed despite no evidence against him and all evidence pointing towards him being innocent.
but evidence is ignored and people have found him guilty in the court of Twitter, what is it going to take for people to realise that #believewomen won't help the situation and will only make it worse?
Original post by thermometer
precisely. if you're going to use "innocent until proven guilty", then don't assume Kesha is guilty of lying.

I know it's difficult to understand for you, so I'll try to explain it.

Nobody assumed Kesha is guilty of lying.

This is what happened:

Feminists: "#FreeKesha Ugh so disgusting that any woman would have to go through this! Another rapist getting away with it."
Logical being: "There's no proof of the incident, stop taking sides. It's just as ridiculous as saying Kesha is lying"
Feminist: "Wtf you rapist-sympathiser how on earth could you say that, this women is going through hell"
Logical being: " *Facepalms* "

Feminists get more angry, think the world is sexist even more, whilst failing to see their own hypocrisy. I just wish they didn't keep doing stuff like this, because then we could actually focus on women's rights in third world countries, which is the only actual issue left. None of this tampon tax or wage gap crap.
Every single time, it's the exact same. Only sometimes the feminist backtracks at the end, which is commendable, but hilarious.
This is ****ing ridiculous.

There's no way a man's life is being ruined over this. All his hard work, all gone. His reputation worse than anyone's.

There was no proof. Kesha said under oath it didn't happen. Yet because of the feminist-run twitter, Sony give in and plan to drop him. I do hope this is only mere rumours. The worst thing they could've done, basically saying to twitter "If you feminists moan enough, you'll get what you want". This is disgusting. If he's not guilty, like all the evidence, or lack thereof, suggests, then society really is ****ed.

A women, can say you raped her, and your life's ruined. Yet we supposedly live in a patriarchy. My word. I hope everyone that has campaigned for Kesha is happy, ruining someone's life for your own selfish needs.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
This is ****ing ridiculous.

There's no way a man's life is being ruined over this. All his hard work, all gone. His reputation worse than anyone's.

There was no proof. Kesha said under oath it didn't happen. Yet because of the feminist-run twitter, Sony give in and plan to drop him. I do hope this is only mere rumours. The worst thing they could've done, basically saying to twitter "If you feminists moan enough, you'll get what you want". This is disgusting. If he's not guilty, like all the evidence, or lack thereof, suggests, then society really is ****ed.

A women, can say you raped her, and your life's ruined. Yet we supposedly live in a patriarchy. My word. I hope everyone that has campaigned for Kesha is happy, ruining someone's life for your own selfish needs.

Someone is actually saying to me he has to prove he didn't do it, that is what feminists want guilty until proven innocent.
Original post by joecphillips
Someone is actually saying to me he has to prove he didn't do it, that is what feminists want guilty until proven innocent.

I genuinely worry. I know a guy that his ex started spreading rumours that he tried to rape her. The only reason I know it was all fake was 1) It turned out she was cheating on him, and wanted a way out, and 2) This all came out when she finally broke into tears, as the guy swore to me he didn't, and I trusted him before that so I was a little scepticle. But the fact that she could do that, and btw he left school because of the insults, is scary.

Feminists don't understand the actual real life problems with the guilty until proven innocent scenario.

Imagine you're accused of mugging someone, in some random shortcut with no cameras. In a guilty until proven innocent legal system, the only possible way for you to prove your innocence is to prove where you were at said time of incident. But people would know this, and therefore say it happened at like 4:00am (where there's going to be no proof of activity from you, since you were asleep). Therefore, you're screwed end of. And all accusations = punishments. Good job the majority of people aren't as extremist as feminists, and understand this thing called logic.
I'm so considerate when is comes to opposing political views to me, because it's all opinion and I respect that. But the majority of feminist ideologies are so idiotic that they're potentially damaging to society.

All we need is a famous women to pretend to be a feminist, and debunk all their myths live on tv, on a really popular chat show or news channel. Then they might finally accept it.

Feminists also ignore male arguments against feminism, which is beyond stupid but you can understand their reasonings. If you're dumb enough to think all men are oppressing you, you'd probably also ignore them telling you they're not oppressing you.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
I'm so considerate when is comes to opposing political views to me, because it's all opinion and I respect that. But the majority of feminist ideologies are so idiotic that they're potentially damaging to society.

All we need is a famous women to pretend to be a feminist, and debunk all their myths live on tv, on a really popular chat show or news channel. Then they might finally accept it.

Feminists also ignore male arguments against feminism, which is beyond stupid but you can understand their reasonings. If you're dumb enough to think all men are oppressing you, you'd probably also ignore them telling you they're not oppressing you.

Won't work they will deny it is true there is a feminist who the have cast out called Cristina hoff sommers who has done this.

And when you point out their flaws they call you a Mra, rape apologist, misogynist etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
A twitter mob of idiots is enough to find someone guilty now, apparently. Who needs evidence anyway?
Reply 352
Original post by loya61
Microsoft have now dropped Luke, even though there's no evidence that he did anything.

So now basically, if a woman wants to get out of a contract, they just say they were sexually assaulted?

Sony is the name of the music label. Microsoft is not a music label.
disgusting behaviour from sony.
Original post by Mancini
Sony is the name of the music label. Microsoft is not a music label.

Don't know why I wrote Microsoft there!
Original post by neal95
disgusting behaviour from sony.

So appalling, holding someone to their contractual obligations and even worse offering her someone else to work with. The shame!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
So appalling, holding someone to their contractual obligations and even worse offering her someone else to work with. The shame!Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant for dropping dr Luke....
Original post by neal95
I meant for dropping dr Luke....

Dropping Luke is going to cost them a fortune.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
I didn't even get past the first page of posts before wanting to scream. This is actually a rather disgusting thread and some of the things I have read are incredibly ignorant.

Those who are saying "Oh, a woman only has to say rape and a guy is in jail, life ruined" I'd like to tell you that statistically, sexual offences have THE lowest conviction rate in criminal law. It is incredibly difficult to prove, and the strong victim-blaming attitude that the vast majority of society still hold is a contributory factor.

I support Ke$ha. It is so hard to prove rape in a criminal court, especially given the standard of proof that is required, both in the USA and UK. It's one victim's testimony against the defendant's, and it's up to some very intelligent advocates to test the credibility of the witness and the defendant to sway the jury's decision. A civil court has a much lower standard of proof, (on the balance of probabilities) and so, the fact she has gone to a civil court, to get out of her contract, is a much more achievable aim, and you cannot blame her for trying. Nobody but Ke$ha and the producer know's what really happened, so it is not our place to call her a liar or him a rapist at this point. However, on the balance of probabilities, that judge should have relieved her from the contract in my opinion, the judge would not have needed to give any damages to Ke$ha from the producer or sony, it would not instantly brand the producer a rapist, it would just allow Ke$ha to be released from a contract, which really isn't that terrible. (I'm doing a degree in law, albeit how I think the case should have been decided is my opinion and I appreciate that)

Also, the posts I read that were disrespectful to feminism, you are strongly confusing misandry with feminism. They are two completely different political concepts and you seriously need to educate yourself in order to give an opinion that is worth listening to. And saying that feminists aren't logical? That is a huge generalisation and one I strongly disagree with.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 359
Original post by Bree96
I didn't even get past the first page of posts before wanting to scream. This is actually a rather disgusting thread and some of the things I have read are incredibly ignorant.

Those who are saying "Oh, a woman only has to say rape and a guy is in jail, life ruined" I'd like to tell you that statistically, sexual offences have THE lowest conviction rate in criminal law. It is incredibly difficult to prove, and the strong victim-blaming attitude that the vast majority of society still hold is a contributory factor.

I support Ke$ha. It is so hard to prove rape in a criminal court, especially given the standard of proof that is required, both in the USA and UK. It's one victim's testimony against the defendant's, and it's up to some very intelligent advocates to test the credibility of the witness and the defendant to sway the jury's decision. A civil court has a much lower standard of proof, (on the balance of probabilities) and so, the fact she has gone to a civil court, to get out of her contract, is a much more achievable aim, and you cannot blame her for trying. Nobody but Ke$ha and the producer know's what really happened, so it is not our place to call her a liar or him a rapist at this point. However, on the balance of probabilities, that judge should have relieved her from the contract in my opinion, the judge would not have needed to give any damages to Ke$ha from the producer or sony, it would not instantly brand the producer a rapist, it would just allow Ke$ha to be released from a contract, which really isn't that terrible. (I'm doing a degree in law, albeit how I think the case should have been decided is my opinion and I appreciate that)

Also, the posts I read that were disrespectful to feminism, you are strongly confusing misandry with feminism. They are two completely different political concepts and you seriously need to educate yourself in order to give an opinion that is worth listening to. And saying that feminists aren't logical? That is a huge generalisation and one I strongly disagree with.

You wish to prove that feminists are logical by making an illogical post where you claim that the judge should have stripped Dr Luke of his legal contract with Kesha on her rape claim. You just further prove that feminists are illogical, if you can't see it I cannot help you. For someone who is doing a degree in law I truly hope you do not ever become a lawyer your mind is clouded by feminist indoctrination which does not help you see things logically. Once you have already declared you are for one side in a debate you have no right to even enter a debate nor should you have any right to enter any law court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending