The Student Room Group

How do you know when to give up on your crush?

I don't want to give up because I feel like I'm not gonna meet someone I like this much ever again in my whole life. But I have tried so much to get into a situation where I can ask her number or ask her out and it keeps not working. Is there a right time to just give up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't get stuck on one girls, I can tell you with absolute certainly she's not perfect, no one is, that very hot girl who also knows French? Probably a gossiping bitch, that one who really likes aeroplanes? Probably killed her father. If she's showing no signs of interest put the ball in her court and go find one who likes basketball.
Original post by whorace
Don't get stuck on one girls, I can tell you with absolute certainly she's not perfect, no one is, that very hot girl who also knows French? Probably a gossiping bitch, that one who really likes aeroplanes? Probably killed her father. If she's showing no signs of interest put the ball in her court and go find one who likes basketball.

Well that escalated quick
Reply 3
Original post by Serine Soul
Well that escalated quick

The father probably thought so. She probably chucked him out of an aeorplane on holiday, hence why she likes them so much. You know it makes sense.
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
When they're straight :colonhash:

Good to know. I've had a gay guy tell me he liked me just because I had a girlfriend. U WOT
When she has a boyfriend:frown:
My previous crush got a boyfriend now and they are always kissing right before my lessons ffs i could have been the guy :lol:
But man has moved on ygm fam onto another girl
Just no progress as per usual :h:
Reply 6
Original post by whorace

She honestly is perfect or at the very minimum she is perfect in my eyes and perfect for me. She is such a sweet and lovely girl and so so cute. I literally can't go a single minute without thinking about her
Reply 7
Original post by toonervoustotalk
When she has a boyfriend:frown:
My previous crush got a boyfriend now and they are always kissing right before my lessons ffs i could have been the guy :lol:
But man has moved on ygm fam onto another girl
Just no progress as per usual :h:

It can definitely still happen, just play it cool and don't pursue her, let her see how much better you are :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Forumaddict
I don't want to give up because I feel like I'm not gonna meet someone I like this much ever again in my whole life. But I have tried so much to get into a situation where I can ask her number or ask her out and it keeps not working. Is there a right time to just give up?

Well, if you think this isnt getting anywhere then you should maybe try move on and look for someone else. There are always plenty more out there even if this person seems like theyre absolutely perfect. I can understand this will be very hard but give it a shot :smile:
Original post by whorace
It can definitely still happen, just play it cool and don't pursue her, let her see how much better you are :smile:

Haha ok
But tbh she has been on and off with the guy the past year

Sometimes ita just best to let her go. I experienced that today. I really liked my crush but she defo didnt feel the same way. Im not gonna speak to her anymore.
In your situation i would probably let her go.
If its not working then shes probably not interested.
Sorry.
Original post by whorace
Good to know. I've had a gay guy tell me he liked me just because I had a girlfriend. U WOT

Well it certainly does work both ways, I've frog girly known guys who think they can somehow change a girl's preference lol
Reply 12
She honestly is perfect or at the very minimum she is perfect in my eyes and perfect for me. She is such a sweet and lovely girl and so so cute. I literally can't go a single minute without thinking about her

Lol I can tell you right now just from the way you speak you need to take your rose tinted glasses off.
I gave up when I found out he was gay :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BhavyaB
Well, if you think this isnt getting anywhere then you should maybe try move on and look for someone else. There are always plenty more out there even if this person seems like theyre absolutely perfect. I can understand this will be very hard but give it a shot :smile:

But there's only one of her :frown:

When you know you will never gather enough courage to tell that person your feelings.

Yeah when they say "No":indiff:
I lose interest and move on when they just don't seem interested in me.
Original post by whorace
Lol I can tell you right now just from the way you speak you need to take your rose tinted glasses off.

You are wrong she is truly perfect ion every way. Stop trying to act like you know about her when you haven't even met her and I have
Reply 19
Hopeless romantic doomed to a life of yearning. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending