The Student Room Group

How do you know when to give up on your crush?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Forumaddict
I don't want to give up because I feel like I'm not gonna meet someone I like this much ever again in my whole life. But I have tried so much to get into a situation where I can ask her number or ask her out and it keeps not working. Is there a right time to just give up?

This is honestly so stupid. Your primitive mind is ****ing you over, and still thinks you are living in some cave where you only have access to like 20 women and half of them are related to you.

You'll get over her my friend.
I don't want to give up because I feel like I'm not gonna meet someone I like this much ever again in my whole life. But I have tried so much to get into a situation where I can ask her number or ask her out and it keeps not working. Is there a right time to just give up?

By any chance does she wear glasses part time?

And is she asian
Original post by Anonymous
By any chance does she wear glasses part time?

And is she asian

She does wear glasses but no she's not Asian
Reply 23

That was me when I still had a crush (let's call her, M) on M but I longer have any feelings for her and I don'- wHO am I kidding? I no longer have a crush on her BUT yeah that feeling still lingers. I still think I'm not going to meet someone like her ever again but I'm sure in the feature you'll meet someone better, if it doesn't work out with her.

The present is always the best time to start o/ good luck. Hope it works out for you :h:
Original post by Tom Jickleson
This is honestly so stupid. Your primitive mind is ****ing you over, and still thinks you are living in some cave where you only have access to like 20 women and half of them are related to you.

You'll get over her my friend.

But you don't understand how amazing she is, I'm literally now interested in anyone else whatsoever I don't even want to flirt with girls even though I'm single. She is just so so sweet she is always smiling and cheerful never grumpy or moody and adorably innocent. I know for sure I won't meet someone better than her because she is better than the girl of my dreams because she's better than anything I could possibly dream about and I wouldn't change a single detail about her if I could which means it's impossible for someone to be better than her
Original post by Eriasu
That was me when I still had a crush (let's call her, M) on M but I longer have any feelings for her and I don'- wHO am I kidding? I no longer have a crush on her BUT yeah that feeling still lingers. I still think I'm not going to meet someone like her ever again but I'm sure in the feature you'll meet someone better, if it doesn't work out with her.

The present is always the best time to start o/ good luck. Hope it works out for you :h:

I'm 18 and have 6 weeks of school left, it's gonna hurt so so so much when I can never see her again
Reply 26
I'm 18 and have 6 weeks of school left, it's gonna hurt so so so much when I can never see her again

I know how you feel, I felt it before. You'll get through it, be strong.
But you don't understand how amazing she is, I'm literally now interested in anyone else whatsoever I don't even want to flirt with girls even though I'm single. She is just so so sweet she is always smiling and cheerful never grumpy or moody and adorably innocent. I know for sure I won't meet someone better than her because she is better than the girl of my dreams because she's better than anything I could possibly dream about and I wouldn't change a single detail about her if I could which means it's impossible for someone to be better than her

Damn... this girl sounds amazing, I take back what I said. Like, she sounds like my dream girl. Hey, reckon you could give me her number or something? Girls like this only come once in a blue moon
Original post by whorace
Don't get stuck on one girls, I can tell you with absolute certainly she's not perfect, no one is, that very hot girl who also knows French? Probably a gossiping bitch, that one who really likes aeroplanes? Probably killed her father. If she's showing no signs of interest put the ball in her court and go find one who likes basketball.

Preach. PRSOM.
Reply 29

So what? I dated a girl who meets the profile, she puts on a nice act in public, she's not very nice in private. Happens a lot of the time, you're most likely delusional.
Original post by whorace
So what? I dated a girl who meets the profile, she puts on a nice act in public, she's not very nice in private. Happens a lot of the time, you're most likely delusional.

And what if I'm right?
Reply 31
And what if I'm right?

Why would this perfect girl pick you? Sounds like she'd have lots of suitors.
Original post by whorace
Why would this perfect girl pick you? Sounds like she'd have lots of suitors.

I don't know any of guys who like her but maybe I'm wrong
But there's only one of her :frown:

I understand but you never know, you might find someone even better! It will be hard at the start but if you feel that you should move on, its for the best.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and I hope this helps :smile:
I liked him for 5 years and realized how little of a personality he has- plus whenever I stalk him I cringe so much now. I was stupid and thought friends were people you were meant to trust, but they told his friends and he found out and nothing came out of it so I felt pretty useless tbh and that helped loads
The girl I like is such a nice sweet person
Probably when they haven't replied to you in two weeks but hey, here I am, still hoping. :h:
Original post by RedNebula
I gave up when I found out he was gay :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much. They're a cute couple tho 😂😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending