Bro - you gave me hope. Light in the tunnel

Awesome :biggrin:

Disclaimer

Spoiler

Original post by Student403
Awesome :biggrin:

Disclaimer

Spoiler

Yeah sounds great top 10 is a dream honestly .
Original post by looktoyourright
Yeah sounds great top 10 is a dream honestly .

Remember to look at top 10 for your course :biggrin: Not overall rankings like QS Top Universities. You don't wanna end up at UCL for mechanical engineering
Remember to look at top 10 for your course :biggrin: Not overall rankings like QS Top Universities. You don't wanna end up at UCL for mechanical engineering

does that really matter ? So the rating for your course is wway moree important that overall tanking or take both into consideration ?
does that really matter ? So the rating for your course is wway moree important that overall tanking or take both into consideration ?

Absolutely. Overall rankings are stupid
People exaggerate the difficulty of the UCAS application. I failed my GCSEs (not literally) and got poor AS but have an AAA offer for BEng lol
@Zacken
Reply 27

The overall ranking is more important for those "prestigious" careers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

so medicine , not comp sci ?
Original post by thad33

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like?
Reply 30
Original post by Kaiylar
@Zacken

See the first page. But thanks for the tag! :h:

what's wrong with UCL mechanical engineering?
Original post by Zacken
See the first page. But thanks for the tag! :h:

Haha, I didn't mean to do that. xD I wanted to tag you to ask you a question, but I wasn't sure about how to, so I wrote that message to test it and now I'm editing it to say what I wanted to say. Sorry :P
Original post by Zakiiiii

Sorry I should have specified* Compared to somewhere like Manchester/Sheffield which ranks lower overall but for the subject is much better
Reply 34
Original post by Kaiylar
Haha, I didn't mean to do that. xD I wanted to tag you to ask you a question, but I wasn't sure about how to, so I wrote that message to test it and now I'm editing it to say what I wanted to say. Sorry :P

Why don't you VM me instead? :-)
Original post by Zacken
Why don't you VM me instead? :-)

What does VM mean?
Reply 36

UCL - great for medicine, arts, biological sciences etc. Not so much for engineering.

Some underrated unis for engineering would be Southampton, Bath and Manchester if you're looking at ChemE.

Also there was a thread from a final year UCL engineer which had a lot of agreements, basically saying UCL Chem/mech eng is crap
Reply 38
Original post by Kaiylar
What does VM mean?

Visitor message me. i.e: go on my profile and type something out in that box at the bottom of the page.
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
UCL - great for medicine, arts, biological sciences etc. Not so much for engineering.

Some underrated unis for engineering would be Southampton, Bath and Manchester if you're looking at ChemE.

what about mechanical?

Quick Reply

Latest