The Student Room Group

Help out a Muslim Brother!

Two questions:
When can you pray out loud (By Yourself)?
And If the person leading the prayer is not very good, do I have to pray together with him? (I am only 13 and He is 23)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
You can pray out loud whenever you want, obviously if it is going to distract someone then just mutter yourself. But don't go to quickly take your time.
In a gathering praying together is seen as better than praying as one however if there is just 2 of you then you could go at your own pace, as long as your intentions are good.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Two questions:
When can you pray out loud (By Yourself)?
And If the person leading the prayer is not very good, do I have to pray together with him? (I am only 13 and He is 23)

You can read out loud when praying individually.

If the persons recitation is so bad such that he his making major mistakes then pray by yourself. Or if it is offensive pray with him and then repeat your prayer. If you know him well maybe you could advise him too about the importance of tajweed.

Btw there is an isoc thread here, check it out inshaAllah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the person that is leading the prayer is supposed to be whoever is best at/knows the most Quran out of everyone that is there.

that 13 year old shouldn't be leading, if there is someone better than him.
Reply 4
i hope im right but you can read out loud on your own but only recite out loud while praying when its dark, e.g fajr, maghrib and isha
Original post by mkap
i hope im right but you can read out loud on your own but only recite out loud while praying when its dark, e.g fajr, maghrib and isha

Yeah, for the audible prayers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alkaline.
the person that is leading the prayer is supposed to be whoever is best at/knows the most Quran out of everyone that is there.

that 13 year old shouldn't be leading, if there is someone better than him.

No, the 23 year old is leading. But I (the 13 year old) know that he recites too fast. I told him if he can slow down, but he refuses. Can I therefore pray by myself instead?
Original post by mkap

Thanks!!!
No, the 23 year old is leading. But I (the 13 year old) know that he recites too fast. I told him if he can slow down, but he refuses. Can I therefore pray by myself instead?

lmao this sounds like a bad idea, simply because it's bare long for an imam to read slow everyone gets dead legs uno how it is I've heard the complaining.

if he's reading though it doesn't affect you does it? cause it's not like you have to be in sync with him in your head you just have to listen tbh... I don't think it's a major enough issue to not read in jamaat ngl
lmao this sounds like a bad idea, simply because it's bare long for an imam to read slow everyone gets dead legs uno how it is i've heard the complaining.

If he's reading though it doesn't affect you does it? Cause it's not like you have to be in sync with him in your head you just have to listen tbh... I don't think it's a major enough issue to not read in jamaat ngl

ok thanks!!!
ok thanks!!!

you're welcome akh, how old are you?
you're welcome akh, how old are you?

As I said earlier, 13. BTW When I say jammat, I mean at home...
As I said earlier, 13. BTW When I say jammat, I mean at home...

oh yeah completely forgot that you actually already said lol

yeah it counts for at home too. My bro complains about having to read with my dad cause my dad's always like "come read salah" at the most inconvenient times but still has to cause if there is more than one male at a place than that qualifies as a jammat whether it's at home or the musjid my nig.
oh yeah completely forgot that you actually already said lol

yeah it counts for at home too. My bro complains about having to read with my dad cause my dad's always like "come read salah" at the most inconvenient times but still has to cause if there is more than one male at a place than that qualifies as a jammat whether it's at home or the musjid my nig.

Where u frm? U sound like a East London Boy...
Where u frm? U sound like a East London Boy...

you're in for a surprise honey
you're in for a surprise honey

LOL! I got it. But you frm east london?
Cos u said 'my nig'
LOL! I got it. But you frm east london?
Cos u said 'my nig'

no I'm not, but I'm exposed to london slang/banter way too much so that's why I end up using those words lol, are you?
no I'm not, but I'm exposed to london slang/banter way too much so that's why I end up using those words lol, are you?

East London yep! So I can talk slang or I can talk proper english... Two-faced!

If you don't mind me asking, around where u frm?
East London yep! So I can talk slang or I can talk proper english... Two-faced!

haha same

If you don't mind me asking, around where u frm?

east midlands

Quick Reply