The Student Room Group

Would you be in a romantic relationship with someone who couldn't cook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefano865
Rich and meaty I presume. :tongue:

Any secret ingredients? :wink:

just make sure there is enough coq for everyone :yep:
Original post by MLPforever
I personally couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook. (Using premade sauces don't count)

HELL TO THE NO.

I can tolerate someone that cant cook just for dating, but would never marry a woman that couldnt cook.

Men are very easy to please - all we really need is food, sex and no complaining, so a woman that cant cook is de facto saying she doesnt care about pleasing you. Cant have that, I'm afraid.

Reply 42
Original post by Death Grips
HELL TO THE NO.

I can tolerate someone that cant cook just for dating, but would never marry a woman that couldnt cook.

Men are very easy to please - all we really need is food, sex and no complaining, so a woman that cant cook is de facto saying she doesnt care about pleasing you. Cant have that, I'm afraid.

You can cook, right?
The reason why I couldn't be with someone who isn't able to cook is because I don't want to be responsible for feeding someone who is should be able to feed themselves. Cooking is a life skill.

Nah it's not that serious you just put ingredients together and boom, food, even if it's already made sauce, food is food. I'm sure the dumbest person can feed themselves, put toast in the toaster spread some butter, food. It's a life skill the hell? There's more serious life skills then being able to put ingredients together.
Original post by the bear
just make sure there is enough coq for everyone :yep:

:rofl:
HELL TO THE NO.

Food and sex I understand but who on Earth doesn't complain sometimes? Do you want to marry a bot? :eek:
You can cook, right?

Yes, I do all my cooking here.

Original post by WBZ144
Food and sex I understand but who on Earth doesn't complain sometimes? Do you want to marry a bot? :eek:

No complaining whatsover would be a pipedream - women are biologically programmed to complain. To be specific, a guy wants to find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining.
Original post by whorace
I like teaching and I like cooking. If anything it would be fun, surely? Some people have no imagination :tongue:

:wink: i'm ready to learn

Spoiler

Yes, as I like doing it. I'd cook and they can clean haha.
No complaining whatsover would be a pipedream - women are biologically programmed to complain. To be specific, a guy wants to find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining.

" find a woman who does a tolerable degree of complaining" LMAO THIS IS ME WHEN MAKING FRIENDS.

Spoiler

Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
:wink: i'm ready to learn

Spoiler

I know who you are
Nope. cutting onions and garlic, frying them, adding chicken (after cutting it), boiling noodles...

Yes, sure, there is a level of independence and competence when it comes to cooking. I think that if you look at today's generation of families, ordering take-aways and re-heating prepared foods have become a lot more universalized and popular. A lot of young people have grown up without the skills and experience that's necessary for being able to cook, simply because they've had nothing to go on. There are many reasons as to why, for example, the progression of fast-foods, as I've already mentioned, being one of them, but also if you look at the education system, parents, television, etc. These sources of information aren't being as diverse as you'd expect them to be, and I think that is a real problem for kids today. You're right, cooking is an important skill, which I am still personally learning every single day. If a partner feels it's necessary for the other partner to learn how to cook, then it's a team game.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53

I am the undefeated non complaining champion, I should probably learn to talk about my problems though :lol:
Assuming they d be willing to learn yes otherwise no.
Reply 55
I can cook every different kind of pasta, combined with every kind of sauce. :u:
I already am.

My boyfriend counts making cereal and toast as cooking until I told him it isn't actually cooking.
He doesn't seem convinced.
Reply 57
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
I already am.

My boyfriend counts making cereal and toast as cooking until I told him it isn't actually cooking.
He doesn't seem convinced.

Excuse me? Insulting me and my food that I made you? :colonhash:
Original post by TheBBQ
Excuse me? Insulting me and my food that I made you? :colonhash:

Not your food, your culinary abilities. :tongue:
Reply 59
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Not your food, your culinary abilities. :tongue:

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending