The Student Room Group

How am I NOT meant to feel ugly after over 10 rejections from men?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I put my feelings out there but they never get returned. And I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my mid 20s... I feel as though I will die alone and I don't think I can take a life alone I know it sound dramatic but I will most likely kill myself if I get to 30 and things are still the same. I'm too ugly for a man even to touch let alone to want to stay with. No amount of personality will ever make up for it.

Omg .. Don't say that !!! I bet you are not ugly ..! Nobody is :frown: !
You never had a boyfriend .. So what ? Because you are not meant to be with 10 random men, you are ugly ? I'm Sorry ??? Please my dear don't say that :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maybe the 11th will be the good one how do you know :wink:
Whatever , you ABSOLUTELY need to trust yourself ma chérie !!! YOU HAVE TO ! I never seen you before and I know you are not ugly :h:
Reply 21
I put my feelings out there but they never get returned. And I've never had a boyfriend and I'm in my mid 20s... I feel as though I will die alone and I don't think I can take a life alone I know it sound dramatic but I will most likely kill myself if I get to 30 and things are still the same. I'm too ugly for a man even to touch let alone to want to stay with. No amount of personality will ever make up for it.

"How am I NOT meant to feel ugly after over 10 rejections from men?" Denial, denial is your bestfriend in this situation. Just think all the guys you've asked out were gay, yes, 10 men, all gay. If you ask yourself "How the hell have I encountered 10 gay men in a row?!" and then think "That's impossible!" then I have a bad news for you; you're failing my class.

If- in the future another man rejects you then his gay, yes, that's all to it, you're not ugly you just seem to have a charm for meeting gay men.

I don't think you should base that on just the 10. Personally, I think that everyone is beautiful in their own special way and you are the same :smile:
Original post by mrsjenner

I know what you meant because there's this lie that your "soulmate" is "within 2 mile radius of you." But that could just be a racial supremacy ideology. Or inbreeding. But "another continent" something about that sounded funny, like "you're ****ed here, babe, so try Africa. :yy:." :rofl:

Lol hey maybe but I meant more in the sense of accents. I'm American and I go crazy for non American accents (not all but most). Like a guy is average but if I hear his voice that can boost him up a lot
Reply 24
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
7.125 billion (2013) people in the world / 2 = 3.5625 billion men in the world - 10 you
asked = 3565250000-10= 3 = 356249990 men out there.

Still hope, just keep searching! :smile:

Need to rule out:

Children
Gay men
Old men
Men already taken

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, actually this is over the course of 7 years :tongue: So I don't think anyone knows but me.

Whoa hold up there. So since you turned 18 or so you have approached just 1.4 guys a year and you're wondering why you haven't found one who likes you yet.
In all honesty, the best thing for you to do would be to confirm your appearance issues-

Post a picture to a few randoms, explaining why, and then just ask your opinion

It'll hurt, if they don't find you attractive, but you're already hurting pretty bad, it seems

Try to find guys who're in relationships; those guys will give you an objective answer

And don't mix up feelings of acceptance with genuine feelings towards someone, if they do find you attractive

You could show me; I'll be honest. But then I really couldn't care less about appearance

I like long hair; that's about it, lol

All the best, anyway
Original post by Shygirl007
Maybe it's just your area. Seriously you could be seen as the best damn thingy around town in another city, country or continent

This
This
This-

Every continent has different ideals on what makes a male/female attractive

Forget relationships for now, though-
Your confidence is not at all high enough to maintain a relationship, without you going crazy
It's easy to fall into the trap of worrying about looks at a young age. Rejection is hard to take and might not even be based on looks but even if it is don't forget that looks are much more than facial features .. it's things you can change (should you choose to) like hair clothes, weight, body language and presentation. If someone is deemed 'ugly' at a young age and have no deformities, it's usually to do with presentation.

There's something that happened to me which knocked my confidence for years. I remember at college when I was 17 I wasn't really into relationships and being fashionable etc. I was a tomboy who was into keeping fit I always had a very nice toned body and was happy with my facial features but I didn't dress to attract. I had short scruffy hair in a bob style, always wore jeans and a sports top with a big bulky coat and trainers. I was very quiet and apparently 'withdrawn' too.

In a biology class for some natural selection topic the lecturer thought it would be a good idea to get us to anonymously rate each other's looks. We wrote a number out of ten for each person and put it in a tub then he wrote all the numbers that each people were given for their facial attraction on the board. He asked everyone if they were OK to take part beforehand but I wasn't bothered so just agreed. I gave people 7's and upwards as I thought any lower than that was quite harsh. Anyway I ended up with the lowest scores I got mainly 4's with two 5's. Everyone else seemed to get 7's and 8's besides two overweight people who were also given 5's and a few 4's. I got the lowest overall though.

I felt down about it for months and couldn't understand how I was happy with my face (I wasn't the prettiest but pleased with what I had) yet others obviously say me as bad looking. I remember thinking that I'd much rather have my face than some of the other girls in the class plus I was in shape and they weren't lol. It affected me for years really as I then labelled myself as ugly. Looking back though a lot of it was about presentation, sure I'l never be as pretty as some people but it didn't help that I had short unstylish dark chin length hair, didn't know how to apply makeup and always covered myself up with baggy unfashionable clothes. I've decided to put it down to this anyway lol either that or I'm some feline ogre. I'm not exactly fashionable now but at least I've got a better idea that my hair looks much better with more effort and a little longer. I know my body is in shape so I'm not going to worry too much. After about 25 people start to worry more about effects of ageing than looks anyway, then after that I'd imagine comes health issues.

Focus on staying healthy, in shape and your presentation. Don't waste your time being young on worrying!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
7.125 billion (2013) people in the world / 2 = 3.5625 billion men in the world - 10 you
asked = 3565250000-10= 3 = 356249990 men out there.

Still hope, just keep searching! :smile:

If you asked 5 girls in one day and they all rejected do u think your mind/self-esteem/confidence will be able to approach another 5 ?

Your stats are garbage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you pale ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
If you asked 5 girls in one day and they all rejected do u think your mind/self-esteem/confidence will be able to approach another 5 ?

Your stats are garbage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths does not lie, the numbers tell it all :laugh:
Original post by Trussblink

Forget relationships for now, though-
Your confidence is not at all high enough to maintain a relationship, without you going crazy

True. I had similar experience to the op with rejection and when I try to get better acquainted with a guy it doesn't turn into a relationship. I'm always doubting his intentions are if he actually likes or What If he's just talking to me for an ego boost.

I wouldn't say I go crazy just really insecure since my self esteem isn't stable.

When I first meet a guy it's great but then everything goes downhill since my confidence dwindles as I get to know him because I think of the past and what guys said about me or how they treated me after a while of getting to know me.
True. I had similar experience to the op with rejection and when I try to get better acquainted with a guy it doesn't turn into a relationship. I'm always doubting his intentions are if he actually likes or What If he's just talking to me for an ego boost.

I wouldn't say I go crazy just really insecure since my self esteem isn't stable.

When I first meet a guy it's great but then everything goes downhill since my confidence dwindles as I get to know him because I think of the past and what guys said about me or how they treated me after a while of getting to know me.

I'm equal, somewhat

Too many stories to tell though, but I understand where you're coming from

I fall out of relationships whenever I feel under-appreciated

By that point, I don't feel anything but redundant, and I feel the feelings towards me aren't strong enough to keep a relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apologies for the short reply ^

Mother's 40th and my attention's demanded here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

That's quite a lot, what do you look like?
Original post by Trussblink
Apologies for the short reply ^

Mother's 40th and my attention's demanded here

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine go log off your phone and spend your time with your mother, tell her TSR says Happy Birthday :biggrin:
It's fine go log off your phone and spend your time with your mother, tell her TSR says Happy Birthday :biggrin:

She'd probably think TSR's a drug of some kind and try and have a "talk" with me-

Farewell~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
If you think it's because of your looks, there's nothing well done make up can't fix. Heck, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lawrence aren't exactly lookers with their make up off.

It's a tough world out there, you gotta fake it to make it, then again I know it's because of my personality I get rejected a lot. The point still stands though, there's a lot of girls out there that fake it and once they're with a guy long enough and he sees them with no makeup, 9 times out of 10 he isn't going to care and if he does, then he's gonna look pretty shallow.
You could try getting a makeover - new haircut, hair colour, start wearing different clothes, get your eyebrows done etc. It will give you more confidence getting a completely new look.

Quick Reply

Latest