The Student Room Group

Article: How to up your revision game over the Easter holidays

Scroll to see replies

would past papers help?
How much should you revise per day?
Original post by nisha.sri
would past papers help?

Definitely do past papers. How much you should revise depends on how much you need really. Some people like to work very hard on one day and relax the following day. You know yourself the best! Make a revision timetable. Don't worry about hours. Worry about how much content you get through. So you may say to yourself 'I'm going to go over topics 1 and 2 and do past paper questions on these topics on day 1'. This will be much more effective than counting the hours. :smile:
Original post by Legendary Quest
Definitely do past papers. How much you should revise depends on how much you need really. Some people like to work very hard on one day and relax the following day. You know yourself the best! Make a revision timetable. Don't worry about hours. Worry about how much content you get through. So you may say to yourself 'I'm going to go over topics 1 and 2 and do past paper questions on these topics on day 1'. This will be much more effective than counting the hours. :smile:

That is true and do examiners recycle questions :smile: ?
That is true and do examiners recycle questions :smile: ?

Yep. They aren't very creative lol :smile:
Yep. They aren't very creative lol :smile:

Lol if i was to do my exam in 2016 ( which i am in 7 weeks :/ ) which year should i do :smile:
Lol if i was to do my exam in 2016 ( which i am in 7 weeks :/ ) which year should i do :smile:

Each one you can get a hold of. For sciences, I usually start off with older ones and leave the newest one for when I am a bit more confident. I don't know why.. lol
It depends on your subject though because for History, the chances of them asking the same question two years in a row is very slim.
Each one you can get a hold of. For sciences, I usually start off with older ones and leave the newest one for when I am a bit more confident. I don't know why.. lol
It depends on your subject though because for History, the chances of them asking the same question two years in a row is very slim.

It is for science i found papers from 2007 should i try them ???
It is for science i found papers from 2007 should i try them ???

Obviously.. lol
I've exhausted the available past papers for pretty much every gcse I'm doing, what else could I do other than things like MyMaths and Sam learning?
theres a website which helps called khan academy / you could try mathswatch
In Scotland (at least at colleges)the 2 weeks off isn't till April so the website should of done its research first!
Reply 12
What about people who do not have exams? meaning me.
(oh, and I'm a person who loves exams, but I chose based on subject not number of exams. My course only had 1 and we did it in January)
So yes, I am needing to write 5 assignments in, ermm, not many weeks! A article about writing assessments would be wonderful. Please?
Reply 13
Original post by dipka
What about people who do not have exams? meaning me.
(oh, and I'm a person who loves exams, but I chose based on subject not number of exams. My course only had 1 and we did it in January)
So yes, I am needing to write 5 assignments in, ermm, not many weeks! A article about writing assessments would be wonderful. Please?

:hi:

There's an article here which might help? (We've got a few others on the way also)

Good luck with all your assignments :h:
Reply 14
Original post by drbluebox
In Scotland (at least at colleges)the 2 weeks off isn't till April so the website should of done its research first!

Sorry :s-smilie:

Most of England and Wales have Easter holidays staring this week, so had to go with the majority!

Why are the Scottish Easter holidays so late?
would past papers help?

Past papers are great practice!
Original post by Tank Girl
Sorry :s-smilie:

Most of England and Wales have Easter holidays staring this week, so had to go with the majority!

Why are the Scottish Easter holidays so late?

Its always been different and even varies within Scotland but so does or did when I was younger England to a extent.

Used to annoy me how in holidays especially summer I was forced to watch regular tv then about 3 weeks later the summer holiday kids shows started and so I never got to watch them all.

But term times are a little different, Scottish colleges start around the 12th August every year and Uni around the 26th(though officially starts about 2 weeks later for uni) and college finishes at the start of June.
Reply 18
Thanks so much!

This will be incredibly useful for me as I am really determined to achieve my end of year grades before I enter year 11!

FLM3026 :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Tank Girl
:hi:

There's an article here which might help? (We've got a few others on the way also)

Good luck with all your assignments :h:

These are good tips if you are doing the work last minute, but what about tips for writing assignments anytime? like the revision one is about how to do good revision.
But, I look forward to the other articles, and hope one of those are about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending