The Student Room Group

Boyfriend calls himself "the boss", "the leader". Thoughts?

My boyfriend refers to himself as "the boss" and "the leader" as if these things are his actual name lol. His siblings call his boss and leader but I thought that was because he was the oldest or something. Like when we're sometimes talking and I interrupt by accident, he'd say to me something along the lines 'Shhh the boss and leader is talking' then when my friends came over he was like the boss this and that when referring to himself etc etc.
My friends thought it was weird so they pulled me over to the side and told me he's weird however I'm just used to it I guess. He's always referred to himself as ths but I have never once reffered to him as "the boss" or "leader" because he isn't God, my boss, my leader or anything we're he is leading me as a superior figure in some superior position.
I guess he has an ego...I dunno. But how would you react if he said this to you when referring to himself in a conversation? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'd struggle to be with anyone who spoke like that, it would drive me up the wall.
If I were a woman and in your situation, I would just burst into laughter the first time I heard him saying that
maybe he has swallowed the redpill

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/
Sounds insecure so compensating by putting on fake "alpha male" attempt.

Not uncommon.
Original post by Anonymous

I guess he has an ego...I dunno. But how would you react if he said this to you when referring to himself in a conversation? :biggrin:

Ask him whether he models himself after Gary Glitter and "The leader of the pack".
Reply 6
Ask him about a career in team rocket
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend refers to himself as "the boss" and "the leader" as if these things are his actual name lol. His siblings call his boss and leader but I thought that was because he was the oldest or something. Like when we're sometimes talking and I interrupt by accident, he'd say to me something along the lines 'Shhh the boss and leader is talking' then when my friends came over he was like the boss this and that when referring to himself etc etc.
My friends thought it was weird so they pulled me over to the side and told me he's weird however I'm just used to it I guess. He's always referred to himself as ths but I have never once reffered to him as "the boss" or "leader" because he isn't God, my boss, my leader or anything we're he is leading me as a superior figure in some superior position.

This is the weirdest inferiority complex I have ever seen.
Lol should you not just tell him how weird it sounds? :p:
I think your boyfriend is an absolute lad
You should call him Wing Commander.
you need to spank him. hard.
Pee on him while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is he 12?
Reply 14
He's a tit, and a loser; bin him and move on.
I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, but if he doesn't insist others call him that it sounds pretty harmless, though amusing
Original post by frankieboy
Sounds insecure so compensating by putting on fake "alpha male" attempt.

Not uncommon.

Lol. Not uncommon? Woah really?
Original post by Peli-Pelican
I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face, but if he doesn't insist others call him that it sounds pretty harmless, though amusing

Haha. Yea he tried telling me if I could call him that and I said no so fast he was shocked. So he's asked me to but each time I say no. Oh well.
Original post by Serine Soul
Is he 12?

21 :tongue:
Lmfaooo

I'd laugh in his face and say "Bish pls, lemme show you who's boss :hand:"

Quick Reply

Latest