The Student Room Group

How true is this lol?

They usually seemed quite conservative to me at sixth form, hardly dance much on prom. I saw this on twitter, wondering if it is true lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bealzibub
They usually seemed quite conservative to me at sixth form, hardly dance much on prom. I saw this on twitter, wondering if it is true lol

Depends on the person some will and some won't. Also depends how you were bought up and how strict your parents were.
I don't think its even specifically Asians, lots of people who haven't had that much freedom growing up with over protective parents etc tends to go a bit wild at uni when they first move away.
anyone witnessed anything they can share or any experiences?

hahahahah this is so true.

My gf is asian, and one time I was over at her house helping her out with her uni applications. Her mum was out but her aunt was at home, and some time during my stay there, the neighbour woman (who lives across the street) came over to visit her aunt for a a few minutes. I later then found out from my gf (via her mum), that her aunt had basically called the neighbour over to ask her to spy on me and my gf from her house.

Asian mothers and aunts are on some next level super over protective crazy sh*t.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dean01234
I don't think its even specifically Asians, lots of people who haven't had that much freedom growing up with over protective parents etc tends to go a bit wild at uni when they first move away.

Asian parents take over-protection to another level. There are people in the FBI's witness protection programme who have more freedom than asian teenagers :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
A friend of mine told me how this kissless Asian girl who was a virgin hit double figures in the first month of university, obviously that's an extreme example but I'd say 80% will have done more than kissing by the time they leave

and that's ok because they're human beings who have value for more than their sexuality.
Original post by Feel Tha Bern
A friend of mine told me how this kissless Asian girl who was a virgin hit double figures in the first month of university, obviously that's an extreme example but I'd say 80% will have done more than kissing by the time they leave

and that's ok because they're human beings who have value for more than their sexuality.

Yeah, I was just wondering because they have always appeared conservative to me.
Yeah, I was just wondering because they have always appeared conservative to me.

Anyone who thinks you can just switch off human nature is either stupid or delusional.
Anyone who thinks you can just switch off human nature is either stupid or delusional.

well, i'm a Christian and quite conservative too. I'm perfectly capable of controlling myself... it really isn't that hard
well, i'm a Christian and quite conservative too. I'm perfectly capable of controlling myself... it really isn't that hard

I'm not going to ask you if you've ever masturbated because that's rude, but I think if you look inside yourself, you would realise that you're probably not the best Christian, now take someone who can get sex very easily, put them in a fresh and exciting environment with new people and tonnes of alcohol and drugs.

It's like Rihanna, good girl gone bad.

This is so true
Reply 12

I bet it's permanently hard...
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
This is so true

A Christian who named himself after a biblical demon :rofl:

I would catch a murder case if that was my daughter
Original post by Fkmylife
I would catch a murder case if that was my daughter

huh?
Original post by Jack Straw
huh?

It's African-American ghetto slang for the police pressing charges

''Imma catch a case''

Obviously his natural parental instinct would take over and he wouldn't kill his own daughter because family > religion/reputation/insecurities

Obviously his natural parental instinct would take over and he wouldn't kill his own daughter because family > religion/reputation/insecurities

one hopes that would be the case...
I'm not going to ask you if you've ever masturbated because that's rude, but I think if you look inside yourself, you would realise that you're probably not the best Christian, now take someone who can get sex very easily, put them in a fresh and exciting environment with new people and tonnes of alcohol and drugs.

It's like Rihanna, good girl gone bad.

You're right about the Christian part, I'm a very moderate Christian. But, I do believe the old fashioned traditional way of life is much better than overly sexualised way of today. I would have same view even If I wasn't a Christian. I do get a decent amount of attention, why does everyone assume you're really ugly and get no attention at all if you're living a more conservative life? I've had chances before, but they were generally quite promiscuous, I didn't see the point.
You're right about the Christian part, I'm a very moderate Christian. But, I do believe the old fashioned traditional way of life is much better than overly sexualised way of today. I would have same view even If I wasn't a Christian. I do get a decent amount of attention, why does everyone assume you're really ugly and get no attention at all if you're living a more conservative life? I've had chances before, but they were generally quite promiscuous, I didn't see the point.

I'm not casting aspersions about you since it's perfectly reasonable that you might have turned down casual sex because you wanted something meaningful.

People with conservative religion and culture always assume that there are only two options, kissless virgin until marriage or a promiscuous drug-addled whore, it's not true and there are plenty of Atheists with decent long-term monogamous relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending