The Student Room Group

Did he accidentally give me a wrong number??

Ok, so let me explain. I was staying at this hotel with my friend and one of the guys working there was cute so one day when he came to our room to give us the wifi password, we started chatting to him and we told him he was cute. He seemed really happy with this compliment and gave a big smile and said thanks. Then I asked him if he had whatsapp and he once again seemed happy and smiled and said yes and I asked him if i could have his number and he said sure and smiled. He seemed really nice, friendly, and definitely not uncomfortable with giving his number. When I gave him my phone to put his number in he typed it really fast and i remember thinking that he was really fast in typing in the numbers. Then we chatted with him a bit more and he left.

Later that night we saw that he was not on whatsapp so we wondered if he had lied or purposely given us a fake number. It made no sense to us that he would intentionally try to give a fake number because he did not seem uncomfortable to give us his number when I asked..and I guess if he didn't want to it would kind of show on his face..or he would look reluctant etc.

My friend and I were really confused so we decided to call the hotel today and we asked to speak to him. When we did he seemed nervous, and could be because the guy at the hotel, his manager or whatever who answered the phone first was standing by him (he is a trainee) or it could have been because he knew we knew that wasn't his number. We told him he wasnt on whatsapp and he said he is and we said you gave us a wrong number and he said he didnt and we asked for his number again and at first he gave his number and then when we said thanks and were going to hang up he asked if he could repeat it again and we said yeah and the second number he gave had one number different from the first...and that is his correct number..

so for example if he gave us the number 75849384 first, he later said 75829384. So we don't know if he gave another wrong number because he was nervous or whatever or because he actually never wanted to give us his number..

and I'm pretty good at reading body language and he did not look uncomfortable or hesitant to give us his number when we asked him face to face...so what is going on?? We do have his correct number now but I want to know..do you think he was trying to avoid giving his number all along? Or was this just an innocent mistake??

(Also the very first time he gave his number it was one number off from his real number and the numbers were next to each other so it is possible he just accidentally gave the wrong one the first time at the hotel but whats up with him giving a wrong one again on the phone before repeating the correct number???)

I know most will assume he was probably never interested in giving us his number but he looked happy when we asked..so I am so confused. And my friend even said we dont have friends in the area and we were only being friendly, we didn't want to date him or anything..

Opinions??
dk I didn't read it tbh

"in this world, there are no accidents, only things that occur to occur so that life will continue to occur"
Reply 2
I just added him. He's on now.
You seem like predators lol, phoning him up at the hotel, that's a bit overboard isn't it? Did you want to speak to him on Whatsapp that badly :toofunny:
Reply 4
Who can tell. Bogus numbers are a common female trick though. See what happens when you follow up now.
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You seem like predators lol, phoning him up at the hotel, that's a bit overboard isn't it? Did you want to speak to him on Whatsapp that badly :toofunny:

Well we found him interesting and wanted to get to know him better..and we wondered if he accidentally typed in the wrong number so we wanted to be 100% sure before we assumed he had done it on purpose..because he was friendly and nice..so we didnt want to pass up the chance to become friends with him over a stupid mistake like that...but I dont want text him until I hear some opinions..sometimes we're convinced it was all a mistake and at other times we are convinced that he never intended to give his real number.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
Who can tell. Bogus numbers are a common female trick though. See what happens when you follow up now.

True..and we are females..so is it really likely that a guy would give two friendly girls a fake number when he seemed pretty happy when we asked for it?? We are not even ugly or anything so I don't get it. I think he's shy though so he could have been awkward but he didnt really seem that way when we asked for his number. Do you think we should ask him directly? I'm so curious..I honestly would have preferred if he just said he can't give us his number than give a fake one..if that's what he did.
Reply 7
Original post by alkaline.
dk I didn't read it tbh

"in this world, there are no accidents, only things that occur to occur so that life will continue to occur"

But really...what do you think? I want guys opinions
Reply 8
[QUOTE=Anonymous;63503143]True..and we are females..so is it really likely that a guy would give two friendly girls a fake number when he seemed pretty happy when we asked for it?? We are not even ugly or anything so I don't get it. I think he's shy though so he could have been awkward but he didnt really seem that way when we asked for his number. Do you think we should ask him directly? I'm so curious..I honestly would have preferred if he just said he can't give us his number than give a fake one..if that's what he did.
Perhaps if he's shy you're coming on a bit too strong. Be a bit more coy and, no, I wouldn't advise putting him on the spot with an accusation of phone number skulduggery.
Reply 9
This is thread worthy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending