The Student Room Group

How many past papers would you say is enough in a day?

Personally i think 5-8

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Acrux
Personally i think 5-8

A day, as in a school day? I would say 1

Weekends would probably be two or three I can't imagine doing 5-8 at the timings of my papers vary from 1.5hours to 2.5 hours
Original post by Acrux
Personally i think 5-8

I think the most important thing is being able to make sure that after doing each past paper, you know where you went wrong in the questions where you got less than full marks. You need to be certain after each past paper that if you were to do it again in say a weeks time you'd get full (or very nearly full) marks
Original post by Acrux
Personally i think 5-8

For each subject?
Reply 4
That's too many unless they're short exam papers. You need to take time after each one to consider where you went wrong, consolidate, and then move on - unless you consider you were getting full or nearly full marks in all of them. 5-8 seems like you aren't doing it right or work way too long for it to be healthy. But different things work for different people, so...
I can't do more than 6 in a day so I've no idea how you would dream of doing 8 - how would you manage it?
Original post by Acrux
Personally i think 5-8

Nah man, you need to be doing 20 per day MINIMUM.

You also have to be doing two at a time, with both of your hands writing separate papers.

If you can't do that, then maybe you're just not cut out for A-Levels.
Original post by brainzistheword
I can't do more than 6 in a day so I've no idea how you would dream of doing 8 - how would you manage it?

^ If this guy can't do it, then no one can.
Original post by Acrux
Personally i think 5-8

What? 5-8 past papers... in a day? I don't think I ever did more than 3... apart from the time issue, surely you're going to run out very soon?
Original post by Plagioclase
What? 5-8 past papers... in a day? I don't think I ever did more than 3... apart from the time issue, surely you're going to run out very soon?

Surely it depends on the subject? And yeah, where are you getting all these past papers from?
I'd only ever done up to 3 a day, otherwise I'd rush and wouldn't be able to asses them properly afterwards and wouldn't get the full use out of them.
Original post by redinthegrey
Surely it depends on the subject? And yeah, where are you getting all these past papers from?

Even for something like Maths where the exams are quite short, 5-8 past papers or more a day would wipe me out...
Original post by Plagioclase
Even for something like Maths where the exams are quite short, 5-8 past papers or more a day would wipe me out...

Its funny how I can do a C1 paper in 20 minutes lol easily go through all the exams from june 2003 till now in a couple of hours.
Original post by Abstract_Prism

You also have to be doing two at a time, with both of your hands writing separate papers.

Bruhh do you even past paper? :wink:
There really is no point in doing that many past papers if you aren't gaining anything from it. And you can't gain anything if you aren't giving yourself time to figure where you went wrong, why you got it wrong, and how you can improve.

nah fam you need to do AT LEAST 4 at a time. Two hands, two feet enit.
So 40 per day
^ If this guy can't do it, then no one can.

:laugh::laugh:

Spoiler

I think the most I ever did in a day, when I was on exam leave, was 4.
Reply 18
Original post by Leah3852
I think the most important thing is being able to make sure that after doing each past paper, you know where you went wrong in the questions where you got less than full marks. You need to be certain after each past paper that if you were to do it again in say a weeks time you'd get full (or very nearly full) marks

Yes Agreed.

Original post by zetamcfc
For each subject?

No
I think I could only do a maximum of three per day, and I'd struggle with that. Why don't you spread them out more so you can keep doing them, rather than rushing through them all at once?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest