The Student Room Group

Shopping at night in ASDA while barefoot wearing pajamas. Is it a good or bad thing ?

I was out shopping tonight in ASDA, I saw a young lad aged around 24, he was with a girl aged around 19, I assume they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

The boy was wearing a stripy pyjama top and stripy pyjama pants, he also had nothing on his feet and was walking around barefoot. surely his feet are at danger, there are lots of shopping trolleys rolling around and anybody could step on his feet.

The girl was wearing a onesie and bright yellow flip flops so at least she had something on her feet.

I admit, I have gone to Asda shopping at night wearing pyjama pants and a sweatshirt but I didn't go barefoot, I wore flip flops.

I see this quite a lot in my local ASDA and the store has no objections to people wearing pyjamas to shop and walking around barefoot

what is your thoughts on this ?

thank you

Scroll to see replies

his feet must get really cold
I was thinking 'that's fine' until you said 'barefoot'.. o_o
I've gone to the 24hr stores in my pyjamas a few times but barefoot? That's too much. Maybe it was a dare?
How did you get their ages so specific?
Original post by Mayhem™

Imagine him walking through the cold drinks section? The thought of it alone makes me shiver... :frown:
Why would you ever wear pyjamas in a public place? Regardless of the barefoot thing, I think that's plain strange.
Barefoot is just weird. And unsafe.
So lazy and gross
pyjamas are for inside and sleeping smh, lucky they were in ASDA cause it's banned in Tesco
perhaps they were sleep-shopping :dontknow:
Original post by mscaffrey
Why would you ever wear pyjamas in a public place? Regardless of the barefoot thing, I think that's plain strange.

Imagine it was 1am and you really wanted Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough ice cream. You could quickly pop over to the nearest 24hr Asda or dress up like its 9am and then go.. Hmm..
Reply 10
Pjs are ok, so long as theyre not revealing. Barefoot is a no no, that cant be comfy, hygienic or safe.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Imagine him walking through the cold drinks section? The thought of it alone makes me shiver... :frown:

I know, my feet felt cold just walking through the drinks isle wearing flip flops
Original post by Blondie987
How did you get their ages so specific?

what the heck, did you not read ?!

I say estimated ages, the age I thought they looked to be
I was thinking 'that's fine' until you said 'barefoot'.. o_o
I've gone to the 24hr stores in my pyjamas a few times but barefoot? That's too much. Maybe it was a dare?

I agree.

walking through a store or out in public with nothing on our feet is dangerous, I wouldn't do it myself., least I wear is flip flops
Original post by Mayhem™

I agree

My feet felt cold when I walked through the chilled isle when just wearing my flip flops. I imagine feet will feel very cold if walking around barefoot at ASDA
Imagine it was 1am and you really wanted Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough ice cream. You could quickly pop over to the nearest 24hr Asda or dress up like its 9am and then go.. Hmm..

I don't have a car so I've never had the luxury of being able to pop out at 1am for something I randomly decide I want (living too far from the supermarket to walk there in the middle of the night). If I had a craving I guess I'd just...wait.
Original post by I love life
I know, my feet felt cold just walking through the drinks isle wearing flip flops

what the heck, did you not read ?!

I say estimated ages, the age I thought they looked to be

I agree.

walking through a store or out in public with nothing on our feet is dangerous, I wouldn't do it myself., least I wear is flip flops

I agree

My feet felt cold when I walked through the chilled isle when just wearing my flip flops. I imagine feet will feel very cold if walking around barefoot at ASDA

Most people would say they were around their early twenties, I can read and it was an odd way of distinguishing them with such specific numbers which I decided to point out :h:
Original post by mscaffrey
I don't have a car so I've never had the luxury of being able to pop out at 1am for something I randomly decide I want (living too far from the supermarket to walk there in the middle of the night). If I had a craving I guess I'd just...wait.

You'll understand when you get a car or when your friend gets one.
You'll understand when you get a car or when your friend gets one.

I usually get dressed before coming downstairs for breakfast. I can guarantee I won't be driving around in my pyjamas.
Original post by donte
Pjs are ok, so long as theyre not revealing. Barefoot is a no no, that cant be comfy, hygienic or safe.

I agree with the safety aspect, not sure about the comfy or hygienic reasons, it may be uncomfortable at first but apparently once you get used to it can feel fantastic

It makes no sense to get dressed just to nip out to the shops late of a night or in the early hours, I simply throw on my pyjamas but I do wear flip flops on my feet

Original post by jawsontheflooor
So lazy and gross
pyjamas are for inside and sleeping smh, lucky they were in ASDA cause it's banned in Tesco

not exactly lazy or gross, but I will say a little silly to walk around a store barefoot due to safety reasons.

I know of 1 Tesco store that ban people from wearing pyjamas in store but not every Tesco objects to shop[ping in pj's
Reply 17
Original post by I love life
I agree with the safety aspect, not sure about the comfy or hygienic reasons, it may be uncomfortable at first but apparently once you get used to it can feel fantastic

I was thinking more uncomfy & unhygienic in terms of it being wet outside and walking in puddles etc.
Reply 18
They sound like the type of people who don't take life too seriously and care more about getting their stuff at 1am or whenever it is then impressing some stanger?
Original post by donte
I was thinking more uncomfy & unhygienic in terms of it being wet outside and walking in puddles etc.

You're right, I wasn't thinking he'd have been walking around barefoot outside but obviously he had been walking bear foot outside as well before entering ASDA, I see how that can be uncomfortable and unhygienic,

Latest

Trending

Trending