The Student Room Group

She initiates text, the stops replying?

I know a girl who I haven't seen for months. Anyway after no contact at all, she suddenly out of the blue adds me on Facebook, then a couple of weeks later texts me asking how I am. She also always puts an 'X' on the end of every text. I know this usually means nothing? So we text for a while, talking mainly about uni (where we met) then she suddenly doesn't text back. Then again after a few weeks she texts me asking how I am. I text her back then she takes ages to reply? When we used to see eachother we got on really well when we were together, I did fancy her and stil think about her. She has a boyfriend, so I obviously kept my distance, but she initiates the texts. Can I assume she's just being friendly? I just find it weird she randomly texts after weeks of no contact. Not that I'm complaining
Some people put x on texts for everyone, so dont get too excited.
maybe she's bore and has other things going on. She returns to you when things clam down.

Dont get excited, just put it to one side and dont dance to her tune.
Reply 2
Nah I just find it a bit weird why she won't txt back, I even ask how she's doing. She can't be that busy because she still likes stuff on fb
Original post by Anonymous
Nah I just find it a bit weird why she won't txt back, I even ask how she's doing. She can't be that busy because she still likes stuff on fb

Becayse some people like to be chased or feel important.
She expected you to ask her out, so you went on with idle, boring chatter and she moved on... simple.
Reply 5
She has a bf and she doesn't want him to know you are texting her.
Reply 6
Original post by Thomb
She has a bf and she doesn't want him to know you are texting her.

Then why text me first? She texts me out of blue asking how I am, then ignores my text :s-smilie: God, girls can be confusing.
Then why text me first? She texts me out of blue asking how I am, then ignores my text :s-smilie: God, girls can be confusing.

Please refer to my previous post.

She was waiting for you to make a move. You didn't, so she got bored and stopped replying.

She probably likes you but is growing frustrated because you're not taking the lead.
Sounds like she just wants attention at the time that she sends these messages, like others said she probably just wants to be chased.
Reply 9
Original post by Onion Ring
Sounds like she just wants attention at the time that she sends these messages, like others said she probably just wants to be chased.

OK, seems daft, what should I do? I know she deliberately waits to text back. When we text in convo she almost always takes exactly 2hrs to reply lol
OK, seems daft, what should I do? I know she deliberately waits to text back. When we text in convo she almost always takes exactly 2hrs to reply lol

If shes just bored/ attention seeking then id just walk away and leave her to it.

If you wnat to carry on texting knowing how she behaves then carry on. She has a bf, shes probably bored and will mess you around.

Imo you are making far more of i than you should.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending