The Student Room Group

Do you wash your feet each night before getting into bed for sleep ?

Hi

I recently began to consider washing my feet every night before I get into bed to sleep.

What would be the benefits of this besides better smelling bedsheets ?

cheers
Apparently-
APPARENTLY massaging feet aids sleep; sorry for the lack of backup for that, but Google may help

I shower twice a day anyway, just because it's a routine I'm now stuck in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Trussblink
Apparently-
APPARENTLY massaging feet aids sleep; sorry for the lack of backup for that, but Google may help

I shower twice a day anyway, just because it's a routine I'm now stuck in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really ? I did not know that, I guess I will look that up some time.

However, I sleep absolutely perfect with no problems, once my head hits the pillow I'm usually asleep right away or no more than 1 minute or so. usually within seconds.

I just wonder if washing my feet every night before bed will have any benefits other than keeping my bedsheets from getting stinky and dirty.

cheers
I'm concerned that your feet are posing such a hygiene problem for your bedsheets to start with.
Reply 4
Original post by mscaffrey
I'm concerned that your feet are posing such a hygiene problem for your bedsheets to start with.

who said they are posing a hygiene problem ?

I hope you realize our feet are dirty anyway
Original post by I love life
who said they are posing a hygiene problem ?

I hope you realize our feet are dirty anyway

You said what are the reasons apart from stopping your sheets getting stinky and dirty. I do realise that all our body parts carry some dirt with them but I wouldn't have thought it's enough to make the sheets stinky or dirty, assuming you wash regularly anyway and change your sheets at regular intervals.
Reply 6
OMG im not the only person who does this!!!!
I cant deal with like walking around the kitchen barefoot and then jumping in to bed cos like i think I'm carrying dust in etc I'm weird like that like OCD cleanliness
I do that but i have OCD about being clean.
I cant get into bed without doing it. Otherwise i have to wash my bedsheets and thats annoying. Also i cant sleep if i dont so yeah. Annoying but i do it.
I hate OCD.
Reply 8
Original post by MevMev
OMG im not the only person who does this!!!!
I cant deal with like walking around the kitchen barefoot and then jumping in to bed cos like i think I'm carrying dust in etc I'm weird like that like OCD cleanliness

me not the only people who do this, I am sure millions of people do the same !

Me too !

anything your feet tread on puts dirt on them and when you put your feet into your bed that dirt goes onto your sheets too

Original post by Anonymous
I do that but i have OCD about being clean.
I cant get into bed without doing it. Otherwise i have to wash my bedsheets and thats annoying. Also i cant sleep if i dont so yeah. Annoying but i do it.
I hate OCD.

Hi

I have OCD too and for me it's more about hygiene with food e.t.c. , I HATE OCD too, it can make life much more difficult that it need be.

so, that's a least 3 people, (me included) who do this then
Reply 9
Original post by mscaffrey
You said what are the reasons apart from stopping your sheets getting stinky and dirty. I do realise that all our body parts carry some dirt with them but I wouldn't have thought it's enough to make the sheets stinky or dirty, assuming you wash regularly anyway and change your sheets at regular intervals.

Good for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending