The Student Room Group

Is this wallpaper old fashioned / bad?

I was thinking of getting this for a feature wall as I'm redecorating a room. Was wondering if it looks a little old fashioned or childish though just wanted opinions. Also if I paint the other 3 walls what colour would match do you think? I was thinking a very pale yellow but any other ideas ?

http://www.diy.com/departments/enchantment-midnight-blue-night-owl-glitter-wallpaper/1213082_BQ.prd
It's perfectly fine but I would say that your room better be pretty bright. Otherwise a wallpaper as dark as that really just makes the room darker.
I think it's cool but you could always just paper one wall and paint the rest I blue or another colour to make it look more grown up
Reply 3
Original post by Blondie987
I think it's cool but you could always just paper one wall and paint the rest I blue or another colour to make it look more grown up

That's my plan to just use it as a feature wall I'm just wondering what colour paint would look best on the other 3 walls. I've no idea.
Original post by indigofox
That's my plan to just use it as a feature wall I'm just wondering what colour paint would look best on the other 3 walls. I've no idea.

I was going to suggest brown/grey but that might be a bit dark for the whole room
Reply 5
Original post by Millie-3
It's perfectly fine but I would say that your room better be pretty bright. Otherwise a wallpaper as dark as that really just makes the room darker.

Hm it's not the brightest of rooms but I just plan to use that colour on one wall.
Reply 6
I was going to suggest brown/grey but that might be a bit dark for the whole room

I thought a very pale yellow but might make it look old fashioned.
I thought a very pale yellow but might make it look old fashioned.

Maybe not yellow but since some of the wallpaper has white in it, you could go with white on the other walls? Sorry I'm not great at interior decorating lol
Reply 8
Maybe not yellow but since some of the wallpaper has white in it, you could go with white on the other walls? Sorry I'm not great at interior decorating lol

Ya I guess my options are limited with it ha it's ok me neither.
Ya I guess my options are limited with it ha it's ok me neither.

Well good luck with it, maybe ask at b and q, they'll probably be able to advise you better
Reply 10
I'd go for white, but pick out some green accessories to go with the green leaf colour on the wallpaper

Quick Reply

Latest