The Student Room Group

Scared that I won't get into uni.

I've applied for History and put the university of Sheffield as my firm choice, I absolutely love it there and don't want to go anywhere else. Last year I achieved abbc and dropped one of the b's, I'm resitting two of my exams with the hopes of pushing the c to a b and the b to an a. I think this is extremely unlikely at the moment. This year has just been awful for me, I'm not achieving high grades like I was last year - my mock results were bcc which is just awful. I've not started revision yet either as I've been so lazy and pre-occupied with history coursework. I don't think I'm going to achieve AAB and I don't really want to go to my insurance choice, I reallly want to go to sheff. Ii'm not feeling a gap year either I can't stand the thought of re-sitting. Does anyone know whether the UoS is quite lenient? Would they still let me in if I didn't meet the entry requirements?
Original post by _Aisha_
I've applied for History and put the university of Sheffield as my firm choice, I absolutely love it there and don't want to go anywhere else. Last year I achieved abbc and dropped one of the b's, I'm resitting two of my exams with the hopes of pushing the c to a b and the b to an a. I think this is extremely unlikely at the moment. This year has just been awful for me, I'm not achieving high grades like I was last year - my mock results were bcc which is just awful. I've not started revision yet either as I've been so lazy and pre-occupied with history coursework. I don't think I'm going to achieve AAB and I don't really want to go to my insurance choice, I reallly want to go to sheff. Ii'm not feeling a gap year either I can't stand the thought of re-sitting. Does anyone know whether the UoS is quite lenient? Would they still let me in if I didn't meet the entry requirements?

It all depends on what all the other applicants get on results day but i wouldnt expect to get it if you drop more than one grade. Also if you dont want to go to university then ask to be let out of that choice before results day otherwise you lose precious time if you decide to go into clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It all depends on what all the other applicants get on results day but i wouldnt expect to get it if you drop more than one grade. Also if you dont want to go to university then ask to be let out of that choice before results day otherwise you lose precious time if you decide to go into clearing.

Thanks for the answer. :smile:
Original post by _Aisha_
Thanks for the answer. :smile:

No problem:smile: there will be plenty of people about on tsr on results day if you do need any help :smile:
You need to focus and get organised. rather than worry do soemthing about it and sirt out your workload. you dont really have time to be lazy. before the exam is the only time you have to prepare as after is too late. Push yourself now, sey out a timetable and rest after the exam. ocks are often a shok. Work with your teachers and do extra work if you have to.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
You need to focus and get organised. rather than worry do soemthing about it and sirt out your workload. you dont really have time to be lazy. before the exam is the only time you have to prepare as after is too late. Push yourself now, sey out a timetable and rest after the exam. ocks are often a shok. Work with your teachers and do extra work if you have to.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending