The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Nah NZ and either England or SA in my opinion. I think SA will rek everyone else after this defeat lol

Nahh but NZ are in the other group :lol:

I also think that SA will still go through! With either England or WI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Nahh but NZ are in the other group :lol:

I also think that SA will still go through! With either England or WI.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh shoot lol it's getting late :colondollar:

In that case I think SA is a definite and yep either England or WI. England more likely imo

From the other group NZ deffo, pretty hard to say otherwise. Could be any of them
Nah NZ and either England or SA in my opinion. I think SA will rek everyone else after this defeat lol

NZ are in a different group to England and SA.

Edit: My bad, didn't see the other replies. Carry on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
NZ are in a different group to England and SA.

Edit: My bad, didn't see the other replies. Carry on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers lol as someone avidly watching every game, that was an embarrassing mistake :colondollar:
Oh shoot lol it's getting late :colondollar:

In that case I think SA is a definite and yep either England or WI. England more likely imo

From the other group NZ deffo, pretty hard to say otherwise. Could be any of them

Hmm maybe. I feel like England's bowling is going to let them down massively.

Hopefully NZ and India! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers lol as someone avidly watching every game, that was an embarrassing mistake :colondollar:

Understandable :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Hmm maybe. I feel like England's bowling is going to let them down massively.

Hopefully NZ and India! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very true. They were lucky the batsmen woke up on the right side of the bed today!
Reply 227
NZ are certs to go through their group now in my view. They've faced their two toughest tests, and claimed the scalps of both. We'll definitely see one of India and Australia head home early, and NZ only have Pakistan left that will cause them problems.

Despite Bangladesh's growth, NZ should have enough to see them off.

I expect we'll see a final four of NZ, India, and then two from the Windies, England and SA.
Cracking set of games today - not sure how Aussies messed that chase up but Khawaja seems to have found an aggressive streak in him but Warner down the order? Seems odd not to have him open where he normally plays.

England-SA - Credit to the former's batters, thought it was going to be an embarrassing defeat but Root plays each format effortlessly hence why he's become such a top batsman.

For India-Pakistan - head says India as always in these games will handle the pressure better so will win. In theory, Pakistan should be capitalising on India's nerves but they just can't seem to beat India in a WC game. Battle between Amir and India's top order, following on from his Asia Cup perfomance, should be a gripping watch.
Proud of England today! :h:
Reply 230
Original post by Aky786UK
Cracking set of games today - not sure how Aussies messed that chase up but Khawaja seems to have found an aggressive streak in him but Warner down the order? Seems odd not to have him open where he normally plays.

England-SA - Credit to the former's batters, thought it was going to be an embarrassing defeat but Root plays each format effortlessly hence why he's become such a top batsman.

For India-Pakistan - head says India as always in these games will handle the pressure better so will win. In theory, Pakistan should be capitalising on India's nerves but they just can't seem to beat India in a WC game. Battle between Amir and India's top order, following on from his Asia Cup perfomance, should be a gripping watch.

Australia have chopped and changed their side, order and lineup far too much. They played three players today who, up until a month ago, had never represented Australia in a T20. They have not given enough credence to this format of the game, and they have struggled to reap benefits that a decent preparation allows you.
Original post by Indeterminate
Proud of England today! :h:

Definitely not suggesting it's you because I know you're a proud Indian :smile: your comment just reminded me of this guy I know irl

But does anyone else have that one Asian British classmate who will switch teams depending on who's winning? E.g. India win 2011 wc "yeah come on India #proud2beindian.... But then India out for 79 and England chase down 229 "yeah it's fine i dont care I'm british anyway"

Like wtf xD
Definitely not suggesting it's you because I know you're a proud Indian :smile: your comment just reminded me of this guy I know irl

But does anyone else have that one Asian British classmate who will switch teams depending on who's winning? E.g. India win 2011 wc "yeah come on India #proud2beindian.... But then India out for 79 and England chase down 229 "yeah it's fine i dont care I'm british anyway"

Like wtf xD

Lmao :colonhash:

Fortunately I don't know anyone like that :tongue:
Original post by Indeterminate
Lmao :colonhash:

Fortunately I don't know anyone like that :tongue:

Lucky you! Makes me really mad :angry:
Pakistan are obviously going to lose tomorrow smh :facepalm2:
Original post by Biryani007

Don't say that :frown: You know Indian team has been under pressure too due to their last performance and if our guys work hard, there's a good chance for Pak to win..omg imagine:bhangra::love:
Original post by Biryani007

Wouldn't say it's obvious
gonna be a good game tomorrow, mohammed amir is a beast
Zindabad!
Original post by BrokenLife
Don't say that :frown: You know Indian team has been under pressure too due to their last performance and if our guys work hard, there's a good chance for Pak to win..omg imagine:bhangra::love:

Wouldn't say it's obvious

Of course I want them to win but what are the chances?? They've lost most matches against India...
My dad's going to be over the moon if they win though...he gets so into it :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest