The Student Room Group

which finance roles have good prospects?

hello!

which finance roles have prospect to earn above 80k within 5 years from graduation?

Are there any apart from front office IB?

Can you give me specific examples please?

I know legal partners earn above 100k, business consulting partners also, IB also, but are there any other roles?

thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone??? maybe accounting firm partners???
Reply 2
Original post by studos
anyone??? maybe accounting firm partners???

I don't think you'd become partner within 5 years of graduation 😁
None, finance is an over-satured market that sells dreams.
Reply 4
Original post by Axlerod
I don't think you'd become partner within 5 years of graduation 😁

where did I say that? can you read at all?
OP, stop chasing money mate.

Seriously, at the rate you're going all that's going to come of these posts is: 'people working in IB/Corp Law/Consulting/Accounting/Actuarial/Finance/Investment Management roles have the potential to earn a lot'. That is literally it. You don't seem to have a focus or interest in anything, other than collecting a very large repertoire of roles that pay a lot of money - no more, no less.

Even when people do give you advice, good advice at that, you snap at them and are rude. I'm not sure how specifically you are going to pass interviews with this attitude nor do I know how you'll survive in any top career long enough without knowing how to peruse Google or how to research independently.

If you REALLY want a chance at anything, I'd suggest you get off TSR and take a good long hard look at what you'd like in a career. Speak to alumni or people on linkedin about their paths and how they've managed to get to where they are. Then, once you've figured out what you want to pursue and why (the why is HIGHLY important, without a good why your application will be binned or you'll be rejected straight away after an initial interview), just apply for it and see how it goes.

You have the general outline, and some people have taken the time to help you out but the rest falls on YOU to execute it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending