The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Oh gosh, not going to lie, you might struggle with that. Mine is £5,033 a year and that's the second cheapest en suite the university offers (Sentinel Towers)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by ALEXIS120
Hey, Im starting Uni of Leeds this year. I have been saving all year. I would like a decent, good quality en suite room for under 5k if possible as I only get a maintenance loan of just under 5k. Can someone pls recommend decent quality accommodations please. Thanks you x

Look on the university website. They should have the price per week, you can work out what it will be for the year.
http://accommodation.leeds.ac.uk/info/100001/prospective_students/57/costs_201617/2 This is the page you need

But yeah Oxley and Sentinel Towers are the only en-suites under £5000 a year, and Sentinel can be up to £5208 depending on the room you get.

Oxley sounds like the best choice, but it's not within walking distance to the university (3 mile walk, takes about an hour each way) so everyone who lives there gets the bus/taxis. A monthly bus pass is £55.00 so you should consider transport costs if you consider Oxley :smile: Sentinel is walking distance to the city centre and the uni, but if you're feeling lazy there is a bus that will take you to the uni for £1 each way :smile:
Reply 4
It may be best to go private if you'd like an en-suite and want to spend under £5,000. Good luck!
http://www.iq-student-accommodation.com/student-accommodation/leeds/iq-leeds/en-suite-bedroom-type-2---leeds my friend lives at IQ residences and this would work out at about £4730 for the year. It's en-suite, but privately run. Also if you choose to live there you have to pay your deposit and the first months rent up front :smile: where as the uni owned ones don't charge for your rent until the first lot of student finance comes through.
Reply 6
thanks for your replies
Ive got some extra cash together and wouldnt mind spending around 6k - 7k
Im thinking of staying in the Plaza or Sky Plaza
Is there anyone who has stayed in any of these accommodations
Which is the best?]
Original post by ALEXIS120
thanks for your replies
Ive got some extra cash together and wouldnt mind spending around 6k - 7k
Im thinking of staying in the Plaza or Sky Plaza
Is there anyone who has stayed in any of these accommodations
Which is the best?]

I don't know anyone living there. Other than location and having a 'gym' on site (but the Edge gym is much better and you get free access with university accommodation) the property seems almost identical to the Tannery. It's ran by the same company as well, just the Tannery is in partnership with the University of Leeds, so you get those benefits, as well as living exclusively with students at the university.

Also I don't see other than location anything that makes those two accommodations worth the steep price!

Latest